• Yes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 79.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hrmm i recently bought CivIII
and i must say, much improved...

i even got the nukes here, after trying it that in CivII i compared the 2......

CivII the a.i used the technology way to freely, in CivIII they do as well, but not to such a OMG extent....

however in my CIV3 game, when i had nukes, the germans also did ( i was china ) and in one turn i entered all my subs into thier waters (they were about 2x larger then me ) then blasted them off the continent, and when that was done, and the nukes were gone from the subs, i used nuke ICBM and finished the job, in the next turn they blasted me back with alot of nukes, but hardly enough to do a job worth bragging about, they missed most of my mojor cities, and in the next turn i had 3 carriers dock on thier land each with 6 marines, after that the game ended in 4 turns :) i was victorious once again :)

anyway, what i mean to say is, this is a reply to someone stating it gets far too complicated, but it doesnt have to be ;)

...about nukes is that the AI always seems to know exactly where your 1 or 2 cities without SDI are and goes right after them.

It is in the program that the AI will not launch a nuke against a city with SDI. They go for the cities with most units in them, and their nukes "magically" appear next to the cities without actually moving there. It is the same kind of AI cheat that makes them think battleships are cruise missile magnets.

Did it have its own SDI, or was it in the radius of that of another city?
The latter is common, where as I recall reading that the former should not occur.

Top Bottom