OCC Orbis PBEM

Hi pixiejmcc,

It's not a question of being new to the game, it's a question of your attitude. If you are willing to spend a few minutes a day, each day, to check your email box and play 1 turn, then my answer is yes! You are welcome!

Things can happen and if you now decide to join us and in a month or so you will find that you are no longer able to continue, let us know. All of us understand real life > game, but we deserve being informed. The worst case is that someone dissapears without trace and we wait a week or two and nothing happens.

You are in.
Please tell me what time zone you are.
(it speeds game a little if players are in the right time order)
I am not sure if I can start this game today, but maybe I will...

And of course Lgaard is right about what he is saying.

Another thing: PM me your password, so we can eliminate/replace you if something happens..
Do not be too affraid of player's responsibilities, in the worst case I will give control over your civ to the AI
But, as long as you will play, try to always play your turn the same day you got it

Cool. Thanks Jarrema. Yeah when I said nooby Lgaard I was referring to me being an unknown quantity as well as new to the game. I'm a student who spends most of the day on his laptop so it really shouldn't be an issue. I'm really looking forward to PBEM. I think it will breathe some new life into Civ for me. I used to play a lot of MP BTS where games could take up to 4 or 5 hours. This is much more manageable! But if something does happen I'll be sure to let you know.

I am GMT. I'll PM my pw now.

P.s. I assume we're playing with patch b...

If its not too late to change, can I be Cassiel instead? (This is a blummin hard decisions, so many leaders! It seems harsh that in Orbis, some have negative traits and others don't.)

Negative traits??

Yea, a few leaders have Minor which give penalties.

I changed my mind (no aristocracy:confused:), I'll go Beeri Bawl of the Lurch. No password, and my Orbis works fine Singleplayer, but I can't guarantee it won't ruin itself when I start playing MP again.

I am GMT +12.

Ok, we will try.
If you cannot play, Azhral, just let us know.
Pixiejmcc: patch b is not enough. There is also so called "Elemental Unity quickfix" and something else...
I will search for that

As for minor... it has an associated penalty, but remember that it will get exchanged for another trait... so you are just paying for some plasticity. And you will get a free golden age when you get a new trait

Game started.
I forgot, that e-mails will be needed...
Azhral, please PM your email adress to Lgaard; Pixiejmcc - pm email adress to Azhral; OldLion - pm to Pixiejmcc

The Lord of Flies awakes.
Expect the world set aflame... Earthquakes, sandstorms, demons spawn, blood, sweat and tears.
There will be fun!
But for now... time to set the city state of the Shaeim.

(gps to Azhral)

I want you all to remember, that playing as Infernals is forbidden!
So, apocalypse will bring a non-human faction with it

Ok, my Orbis crashes on loading the game.

Gonna reinstall and see if I can get it to work.

Have reinstalled 1.0, applied patch 1.0b, installed ElementalUnity hotfix, installed the CvEventmanager.py and UnitPromotions.xml as required, and it still CTDs whenever I try to load the game. Looks like I'm out already...

I do not know how we can help :(
I do not understand that :(

sorry, but if you cannot do anything just sent the game to the Pixiejmcc; he should then just Alt-Q your civ.

Silly question, but: Why are all games published here specifically Orbis modmods?

Because PBEM games had some problems when they were under 'vanilla' FfH (they did not work)
So, we had to decide for one of modmods. We have chosen Orbis for the first time, and then it seems that we like it :)

Because PBEM games had some problems when they were under 'vanilla' FfH (they did not work)
So, we had to decide for one of modmods. We have chosen Orbis for the first time, and then it seems that we like it :)

Damn, the one modmod I haven't tried..

Have reinstalled 1.0, applied patch 1.0b, installed ElementalUnity hotfix, installed the CvEventmanager.py and UnitPromotions.xml as required, and it still CTDs whenever I try to load the game. Looks like I'm out already...

I'm probably insulting your intelligence here but the python and xml files just replace existing files - i.e. they're not installed as such. I'm sure you know that but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Another long shot but have you installed the Orbis soundtrack? (http://www.filefront.com/15821231/OrbisSoundtrack.exe/). I remember reading there that some people had reported issues if they didn't have it installed.

Yea, the files have replaced existing ones as required.

And I don't have the soundtrack installed. I'm at work now, but I can install it when I get home this evening (~8 hours) and see if it'll work if you guys wanna wait that long...

ok
try it...

Top Bottom