Office of Silly Thoughts

Well, all openings in SP are very similar, other than 20k.

20k.
Focus on a lot of culture in one city, either capital or 2nd city normally.

-Obvious to other teams of our strategy
-Requires the 1 city to be the focus of our empire
-Not hard for another civ to kill the one city

UN
Fast research, and good relations.

-Humans are unlikely to vote other humans to win
-Will need 1 competing civ to have a trashed reputaion.

As many cities as possible and pop-rush culture.

-As with 20k, obvious.
-Would be a last resort if we were left behind technologically, with basically no other options

Conquest
Kill them all :mwaha:

-Requires better weapons
-Requires a successful first war
-Will likely cause a dog-pile against us if too aggressive too early

Domination
Take as much land as possible

-Lots of settlers
-Keeping towns, or razing and replacing
-Will likely cause a dogpile if we get too big.

Space
Fast research and good production

-Potentially slowest victory
-Will be attacked when built Apollo/making parts
-UN win could be triggered while building parts.

Right now I think that we dont want to commit to anything in particular, so that rules out 20k. Domination and Space seem the more likely, followed by 100k and Conquest.

Do we want to be offensive or defensive? Defensive style was more succesful in MTDG 1. I think aggressive civs won't succeed in the end. We don't neglect military units completely, EW is in my opinion the best defensive unit in the AA, it's so cheap. But for the 100-120 turns we just build exclusively Settlers, Workers, Libraries, EWs, granaries.

Map is standard size with only 5 civs. In general standard map has 8 civs.
Rik is going to made the map and he does like to place civs very apart. Possibility for the AA war is minimal. Though he may surprise us.

Right now I think that we dont want to commit to anything in particular, so that rules out 20k. Domination and Space seem the more likely, followed by 100k and Conquest.
I forgot that we're playing against people and a UN victory won't happen. A vote for world leader would only end up in a five-way tie for last. :crazyeye:

I tend to favor a space race; haven't played a 100K game in over a year. Not opposed to Domination or Conquest; just not mentally geared up for that kind of game right now. But in three months that all could change, and the bloodlust might be upon me.

Please note that I only favor a space race. I am not committed to it.

I prefer Space Race. We get our UU early in the game and it's a defensive unit. I don't think conquest is the way to go, we risk others civs attacking us because of a dogpile and our UU wouldn't be very effective in a war. we could do domination, but similar problems. Space Race is the best, especially since we are sumeria and thus scientific.

Well, the beauty of all VC's other than 20k is that we wont need to commit until later because they all have basically the same opening strategy, REXing.

:xmassign:

I have a question. Since we do preplans for every turn, should we set up a chain of command. So the game can advance faster.

something like:
hours 0-10 Turnplayer. If TP hasn't played then,
hours 11-18 ministers foreign, domestic, military and TP.
hours 19-> anyone on the team FREE.

IMO, 0-18 hours for TP to play, 19-22 hours for other officials and if the save hasnt been played by then, someone should ask for an extension on the save, then get someone to play asap.

i agree with azzaman, 18 hours for the TP then an official should just post in the forum offering to play the save, if no official posts, then a citizen can offer to play the save.​

As for victory I think the best idea would be to not commit. Concentrate on building the most powerfull economy possible, then when we decide what to do we can use this economy to either power a massive war machine or build a spaceship.

UN should be avoided, culture victory only as a last resort.

We have met The Council.

We are at Turn 50+. New elections?

You can check our status in this thread: Turns post 40.

Should we have elections after turn 79 is played?
We're at Turn 69 or 70 now, so Turn 79 sounds OK.

New office holders would assume duty on Turn 80? Or maybe 81?

Or (I'm rambling right now), if the new office holders take over on Turn 80, do we need to hold elections before turn 79, say like at Turn 76 or 77 (allowing 24/36/48 hours to vote)?

It would sort out who is still active and what role they are currently playing. To give them a mandate from the people. If we opened the polls after turn 76 is played and leave them open for 48 hours the new executive could play turn 80. Does this seem reasonable?

Let's do the elections. If we lack participation we can always draft people.

I think we should PM the team to announce the elections, but we need the nomination threads in place before we do that (just to state the obvious) :D .

Same offices: Turn Player/UN Rep, Military, Foreign and Domestic?

Top Bottom