Official Civilization Revolution Site Launched!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Good news! 2K Games today launched the official website for the upcoming Civilization Revolution at www.civilizationrevolution.com.

The site already has lots of good stuff. You can find some brand new screenshots and concept arts, info on all the leaders (including leader animation and fun fact), and listen to the first podcast from the developers.

In addition, there are two articles titled "All about Genghis Khan" and "All about Cleopatra" which contain the Civilopedia entries and bonueses info for those two leaders and their civilization.

Have fun exploring the site! CivRev is coming to XBOX 360, PS3, Nintendo DS on June 3rd in the US and June 6th internationally.

>> Civilization Revolution Forum

And yet no wii version

not lookin foward to the crap ds game they wiped up :sad:

/golfclap

A franchise that was built on PC gaming goes console...hard to get excited about that. It might be an interesting civ-variant to try, but since it's ONLY going to be on console, there'll be no opportunity (for those of us that are PC gamers only).

Couple of things I noticed on their website:

1) Alexander looks Aryan. Urr?
2) Cleopatra is black. Urr?! (she's also smokin' hot, for an animated character)
3) In map mode, Saladin is placed in Nubia. Urr?

1 is a gaffe, but totally ignorable, even if it brings up bad memories of 1920s and 30s "scholarship". But lemme put it this way. When was the last time you met a Greek with blond hair? Yeah, exactly.

2 is pretty bad. I mean, yeah, she's really hot, but, uh, she was Greek. Very Greek. First member of her dynasty to actually bother to learn the Egyptian language. Fairly strange. I'm gonna guess that whoever is in charge of animation shares my taste in females and move on.

3 is kind of a durr move. Yes, Saladin's first real power position was in Egypt, but the nation he's leading is called Arabia. Putting it in Nubia is strange, especially when you mouseover it and read the word Arabia. Odd. This one might need to be fixed.

Couple of things I noticed on their website:

1) Alexander looks Aryan. Urr?
2) Cleopatra is black. Urr?! (she's also smokin' hot, for an animated character)
3) In map mode, Saladin is placed in Nubia. Urr?

1 is a gaffe, but totally ignorable, even if it brings up bad memories of 1920s and 30s "scholarship". But lemme put it this way. When was the last time you met a Greek with blond hair? Yeah, exactly.

2 is pretty bad. I mean, yeah, she's really hot, but, uh, she was Greek. Very Greek. First member of her dynasty to actually bother to learn the Egyptian language. Fairly strange. I'm gonna guess that whoever is in charge of animation shares my taste in females and move on.

3 is kind of a durr move. Yes, Saladin's first real power position was in Egypt, but the nation he's leading is called Arabia. Putting it in Nubia is strange, especially when you mouseover it and read the word Arabia. Odd. This one might need to be fixed.

I agree with #2 and #3. Kind of weird for a game based on history...

I'm loving the era-specific civ bonuses.

Though personally something that bugs me is that with each newer iteration of civ the leaderheads get more and more animated. I'm just not a fond of that.

Should be a fun time though. Definitely going to try it.

/golfclap

A franchise that was built on PC gaming goes console...hard to get excited about that. It might be an interesting civ-variant to try, but since it's ONLY going to be on console, there'll be no opportunity (for those of us that are PC gamers only).

Agree, I can't say I'm too enthusiastic about it. From 1991 until now I haven't missed a single CIV game, but this one I will easely jump over. Hopefully CIV 5 for pc wont come later then it otherwise would because of this flick, and that they remember their different audiences when they make it. Civ for me is a long and epical game, with as many opponents as possible, and with a feel of history to it. Loads of strategic possibilities, and empire building that is unmatched by any other games. A little bit of micro management is also needed to get the real feel, and more choices og strategy and actions. Units must be single standing, not huge overpowered super units (Army unit), and workers are hopefully never replaced.

But of course, as long as it doesen't ruin the CIV PC franchise, that I really love, I can't see anything wrong about teaching the kids the pleasures of turn-based strategy! :)

a gaffe, but totally ignorable, even if it brings up bad memories of 1920s and 30s "scholarship". But lemme put it this way. When was the last time you met a Greek with blond hair?

FYI: Alexander, who, BTW, was Macedonian, is generally portrayed as having blond hair; it is assumed this is accurate.;)

FYI: Alexander, who, BTW, was Macedonian, is generally portrayed as having blond hair; it is assumed this is accurate.;)

What about that painting of him in Naples that has him with dark hair?

I'm still miffed there is no wii version! It's just what the wii needs!:confused:

thats what i was saying.... it is the most logical thing to do:mad:

I'm surprised they made Monty look so.....cool. It's kind of weird.

Top Bottom