***Official "I'm at/below Minimum Specs" Club ***

Am I out of luck with an integrated Intel G33 Graphics Card?

I am a little bit above the minimum specs. After playing the game for a while, I'm absolutely mystified as to why there is such an astonishingly high graphics requirement to play this game. The graphics are not that complicated. Nevertheless, I have to reduce the graphics to the lowest settings. In my opinion, there has to be several bugs in the initial release. My final verdict about hardware compatibility will have to wait until the first update.

I wouldn't upgrade to Windows 7 just to see what happens with DX 10. But since you are using Vista, and you get Windows 7, you should see an increase in performance speed wise since Windows 7 is not a memory hog like Vista.

I don't think you will see any increase in DX 10 though.

I was going to do it anyway just not so soon but may as well.

on my screen the text for the DX10/11 option is all compressed together so I can't really read what it says.

yeah this is what I get too.

Ok, this is the thread I was looking for! :)

I downloaded the demo and am playing it on my P 4 3.06 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Radeon X 1600 512 MB AGP video card. Sure the graphics are on minimum, but I'm not that fussy on graphics, I just want to play. So far the demo runs smoothly, but its early on. I'm playing with DX 9, there have been no actual problems with the game. At least I'll be getting a chance to evaluate the playability with the demo and it's likely I'll be able to buy and play the game. Yay! I can upgrade the computer later... :)

Oh yah, I have all my usual programs up in the background, my web browser, mIRC, email, Skype, you know... :) I don't run a lot of bloatware except Steam and am using XP Pro with Service Pack 3.

i was able to make the demo run on my 7600 GT on low/ minimal setting but I will probably improve my GPU in a few days...

I'm running a Radeon HD 3200, which is below minimum specs, and it is running fine so far. Obviously everything is set to minimums, and I'm running it in windowed view, for whatever reason I juts don't like things being full-screen anymore, but it runs fine now.

I had it overheat my laptop a couple times before I remembered to minimize all the graphics settings, but I ran it nonstop for about 4 or 5 hours last night with no problems :)

Anyone know why the game would recommend DX9 for me? Is DX10/11 more performance hungry and therefore would actually look worse than DX9?

I have Core 2 Duo @ 2.2Ghz running 64 bit Windows with GT 220M graphics.

What version of DX are you playing?

It said that 10 and 11 is recommended so I chose that. I used whatever was defaulted on my CPU and the intro was choppy. Then the game itself was a bit choppy even early on. Then I restarted it to try out LOW on everything and went to DX9 (and highest resolution) and it was a bit better.

I think I could possibly find a decent mix of video options.... but we will see late in the game if anything is possible. I really dont understand why such firepower is necessary to run this game. I can run Civ IV at the very highest everything with no trouble, and it really doesnt seem much below V.

I'm running it on a pretty low end rig too.

Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
ATI X1300
2 GB RAM

I've got resolution on 1024 (mind you, my computer's native res is 1650), pretty much everything on low :(

It is kinda pixelated but still playable. The only issue I've run into is that the tile yield displays are all messed up. Anyone else have this problem?

(my post from another thread)

Works ok on a Ferrari One 200 (same specs as above). I was doubtful it would work at all but just gets by on min settings. Haven't tried DX9 yet, not sure if it will make a difference. Also only tried on the demo so far, so can't comment on late game performance.

AMD Athlon X2 L310 1.2ghz (!!!!)
ATI Radeon HD 3200 256MB
3gb RAM
W7 64 bit

On CYRI it tells me i am way below spec for processor and graphics. looks like they did a better job of scaling than i thought!

looking at this I should really be able to get it to work on my laptop.....grrrrrrr not happy for me!

I can run the demo... it's slow as heckers though.

My specs are WAAAAAAAY below minimum:

Intel P4 2.93 GHz (2 logical processors or something)
Crappy GeForce 6200 card that cost me £10. (256MB)
512MB (!) RAM.

I might upgrade the RAM and see if it runs faster (XP SP3 OS).

The resource overlays aren't transparent and they look ugly though.

here's my spec:

Intel Core i3 330M 2.13Ghz, 3MB LHD LED LCD, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7, NVIDIA GF 310M 512MB with CUDA

can civ 5 run on this or i'll gonna skip this?

Intel P4 2.93 GHz (2 logical processors or something)
Crappy GeForce 6200 card that cost me £10. (256MB)
512MB (!) RAM.

I might upgrade the RAM and see if it runs faster (XP SP3 OS).

:eek::eek::eek:

An additional 1 or better 2 GB of RAM would be a very good idea, not only for Civ :)
Is the harddrive furiously active during civving? Then you should indeed see a speedup, if not, it would probably "only" enable you to play on larger than duel maps.

Even if i stated this in another topic, it can be helpful to some people in here:

I run Civ5 with a config which is half the minimum settings:

- Athlon64 3000 (single core 1.8Ghz)
- 1Gb RAM
- GeForce 9500 GT 512Mb
- Windows XP SP3

Granted i use low/medium settings and play in standard maps (i usually take 8 AI + 12 City States), the game runs fine. It takes a while to load a savegame, but once i am in-game, it's perfectly playable. Wait time between turns is okay even in late game.

Of course i don't have 50 tasks/processes running in the background eating my CPU and RAM ;)

here's my spec:

Intel Core i3 330M 2.13Ghz, 3MB LHD LED LCD, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7, NVIDIA GF 310M 512MB with CUDA

can civ 5 run on this or i'll gonna skip this?
Thats a laptop right?
Hmn, i say maybe low settings... Try the demo.

Hello everybody! :)

Just like to add ...

Well, I have a way below "so-called minimum" system:
Old business desktop PC, tweaked and customized (CPU, power supply, graphics card etc.). Not simply a gaming rig, built for work mostly (graphics design), but most modern games work simply ok. Not all though. Some badly coded games (like GTA IV) get stuck in a bottleneck:

Pentium 4 3.2ghz HT Northwood, 2 gb RAM (DDR-400/PC-3200) & HD 3850 RADEON 512mb

Civ V runs approx 60-100 fps, 1440x900, large globe+10 civs - everything maxed (except AA), so no worries. :king:

What most need is memory. 1 gig just IS NOT ENOUGH. Usually CIV V eats around 1.6 gb - So 2-4 gb of RAM it seems is Highly Recommended..

I'm running a Radeon HD 3200, which is below minimum specs, and it is running fine so far.

Is it?
Game states GMA HD integrated (core i3 graphics) as minimum, and 3200 is actually better then it (just slightly).

Anyway, here are almost minimum specs (a bit above) that game works on:

Asus X59SR laptop:
T3400 dual core (2.16Ghz), 3470 mobility radeon, 3GB ram.

It's playable at 10-15fps in late game. All low settings with terrain at medium. 1280x800 in DX9 mode.

Hello everybody! :)

Just like to add ...

Well, I have a way below "so-called minimum" system:
Old business desktop PC, tweaked and customized (CPU, power supply, graphics card etc.). Not simply a gaming rig, built for work mostly (graphics design), but most modern games work simply ok. Not all though. Some badly coded games (like GTA IV) get stuck in a bottleneck:

Pentium 4 3.2ghz HT Northwood, 2 gb RAM (DDR-400/PC-3200) & HD 3850 RADEON 512mb

Civ V runs approx 60-100 fps, 1440x900, large globe+10 civs - everything maxed (except AA), so no worries. :king:

What most need is memory. 1 gig just IS NOT ENOUGH. Usually CIV V eats around 1.6 gb - So 2-4 gb of RAM it seems is Highly Recommended..

My machine:
P4 3.0 ghz HT, 4 gb RAM, HD 3450 256 MB (a bad old card, cause my GT 8600 simply burned a month ago).

The game runs fine on minimum specs, DX9 version ofc, played up to large maps - even in late eras the wait between turns is no longer than 6-7 seconds. The only problem I observed was when once I started seeing glitches on the screen like tile improvements placed in the sea, but after i shut down the pc and waited for half an hour, it was ok.

Top Bottom