Official:Map settings

classical_hero

In whom I trust
Now we need to what type of map you want.

Option 1. Give the map maker free reign. By this, the map maker chooses all the setting according his choice.

Option 2. Choose the type from:
Map type: Islands, Continents, Pangea
Map size: Small, Standard, Large
Climate type: Temperate, Tropical, Arid, Rocky, Cold
Sea Level: Low, Medium, High

Is this a poll or discussion?

Individually speaking i would prefer completely random. I trust the mapmakers to create an interesting map

I assumed you discuss this in your private forum, come to some sort of vague consensus, and then post your team's preference in this thread.

BTW, who is going to be the map maker?

Maybe I overread it somewhere. In this case sorry for the stupid question.

Combination of people making and playtesting but DaveMCW seems to be taking the lead, did he not post a thread in our subforum about it?

Comment: As I'm helping Dave make the map, would it make sense for me to have access to the private forums as well, so I could see the discussions there? As it is, it's significantly harder for me to help out without that ability.

I would, as expressed elsewhere, have absolutely no problem with that at all. Quite a bit of CDZ discussion is taking place over at CDZ just post over there if you want access as well.

edit- perhaps i should have made that clear, quite a bit of irrelevant discussion is taking place at CDZ about the game, we're pretty much sorted on the game front and just waiting for everyone else to catch up.

It would be very difficult to select a leader without any specific information about the map. Any idea already?

There are certainly some universal leaders which might fit well anywhere.

Team Merlot votes to have a map maker map with the following conditions.

1. All civs will have land contact with each other.
2. All civs will have roughly equal land quality
3. All civs will have roughly equal land quantity
4. All civs will have roughly equal distance from each other
5. All civs will have either coastal or non coastal starts (all or none)

Team Sirius votes for:

- Standard or larger map, sea level adjusted accordingly for six teams
- Contact between all teams should be possible via land or coast, but NOT ocean
- Our preference is in the direction of a continents/islands setup rather than pangaea
- We think it would be a good idea to have at least some initially uninhabited islands (something the last map lacked)
- Overall though we vote for the mapmaker's choice as to the layout

CDZ votes for

Map type: Dave already has a list of three
Map size: Small, Standard, Large
Climate type: Temperate, Tropical, Arid, Rocky, Cold
Sea Level: Low, Medium, High

Top Bottom