Old World Patch 85

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
Old World Update #85
By Amanda Kirk on March 2, 2022 5:00 pm
Highlighted Changes:

• All tribal mercenaries cost a small amount of Money for Consumption
  • Routing units no longer advance without killing all enemy units in a tile, but may attack again from their original tile
  • Player capital always starts with Garrison
  • Champions start with a Warrior in Family Seat
  • World Maps have been added to Scenarios Menu
  • Added Burn action: pillaging without a cooldown but with a Training cost and no pillaged yields
  • Pillage action has a cooldown once more
  • Infertility is now random (25% chance each year) after hitting age 38 for women and 70 for men
  • 19 new events have been added
  • Resources in borders without Improvements now give a small amount of yield per turn

For more detailed build change information please read the full update notes.

Spoiler :

Modio plugin upgrade is for epic build and fixes a bug with mod subscriptions
Improvements to AI including ability for AI to hire mercenaries

UI
Additional improvements to the reminder system
The No-Characters option hides, rather than makes disabled, other game options that do not apply
Unit effect/promotion icons to extend past 4 columns even when there are more than 8 total
Added in-game menu option to continue a network game by cloud
World Maps have been added to Scenarios Menu
Play-by-cloud: Added the ability to set a message that is displayed to other players when it's your turn
When there is such a message, the game name in the list of cloud games turns red
This feature can be used to set an "away" message, so players can easily tell which of their cloud games are paused
Added more complete information about teammate yields in multiplayer games

New Events
A Voice Breaks Through
Education of the Rightful Heir
Iron and Anguish
Tribal Hero
Religious Raids
Gray Dust
Fair Quarry
Independent Merchant
Trading Favors
Tutelage
Debt Repaid
In a Bind
A Matter of Concern
Neferure's Grand Expedition
Hungry Forge
The Pitted Land
Military Leadership
Economic Focus
Bargaining Chips

Bugs
Various minor text and event changes
Fixed issue with player reload count
Fixed difficulty being reset to default in scenarios
Play-by-cloud game now gets passed on to the next player, if the previous player wins and chooses not to continue
Fixed issue with cloud saves not always being deleted
Fixed issue where sometimes opinions are not properly synced
Fixed issue with simultaneous turns
Fixed where it was possible to get Legitimacy multiple times for the same map element on premade maps
Fixed selected unit panel fatigue pips not updating when selecting non-allied units
Fixed doubled death warning that occured in some missions
Fixed inconsistencies in player start locations in team games
Fixed issue where children were able have bastards
Fixed issue with mirror-map resource generation
Programming

perhaps leader as gov'r option?

edit: I mean, or anyone as gov'r really, but i was specifically thinking: if your leader can be a general, why shouldn't they be allowed to govern the capital?

edit: to "your"

Last edited:
Is it specifically for the player or do AI get the bonus too? Has the garrison bonus been removed from Champions and been replaced with the free warrior?

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

I really like this change from a role-playing / thematic perspective. It always felt weird to make Dido a general right off the bat but I felt compelled to do so in order to get her experience.

But why just for the humans and not the AI as well? I know rules are never symetric but I don't get why this one is. Not that I'm complaining, I never complain about buffs. :o

AI is a "player" too. It would say "human" if it was just for us.

The garrison change is fun in general (governors are fun!) and it improves the balance between peaceful and military leader archetypes. If you start with a military leader (like Philip or Ashurbanipal), they can be a great general early on. The peaceful leaders like Dido or Hatshepsut are pretty poor generals, so now you have the option of using them as governors.

i like the bonus resources grant bonus yields unimproved. incentivizes settling resources in a city rather than saving them to harvest outside the borders :mischief:

Reactions: PiR
Top Bottom