OMG, Halp me .... About to get owned!!!

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
Im playing Babylon on Prince difficulty and got an amazing lush start. I managed to city block the other civs on my Island, and used Monarch to secure the resources before they could get them:

Spoiler :

Siam didnt like it one bit. He got China to ally against me, both of whom are on my borders and all I have atm is two bowmen and warriors!!! :mad:

(I went for a super rush and already got Stonehenge, Great Library, Oracle and National Epic in Babylon, and spammed lots of workers).

To make it worse, China was allied with Almaty and they are attacking me too. :cry:

Can I hold out against all this with a few Bowmen :confused:

I can't really help you, but I wanted to chime in and say that your start looks a lot like my current (first) game, I'm playing as England on a similar continent with Siam north of me and Almaty right there.

Siam is one angry nation. They became very big, globbed India, and declared war on me. Also, I can't read his facial expression. His face when he's happy is the same as when he's about to send an army in my territory. Or so it seems.

LOL.... Uh... you're pretty much screwed. The AI knows your military strength by default. They WILL declare war on you if you dont keep up with them. I'd say give up the city to the north and try to hold on to your remaining 3. Try to make peace with some of the AI, mass some bowman.

LOL.... Uh... you're pretty much screwed. The AI knows your military strength by default. They WILL declare war on you if you dont keep up with them. I'd say give up the city to the north and try to hold on to your remaining 3. Try to make peace with some of the AI, mass some bowman.

No! Mighty Babylon will not surrender!!!

I will fight and try to spam some more bowmen.

I wussed out, I reloaded and easily got China and Almaty to go to war with Siam instead of me :p

I'm building lots more Bowmen now, I want to have 3 stationed at each border city.

I wussed out, I reloaded and easily got China and Almaty to go to war with Siam instead of me :p

Booooo...

Anyway, I mainly came here to say that Siam is a beast, definitely looking like the new monty... but, well I haven't had monty in a game yet.

I played a continents map, saild across the seas to unknown lands and was greated by the great many civilizations of... Siam.

Seriously, 6 players, 1 on my continent, 1 guy by himself, and then Siam killed all of the others. Suffice it to say, my response went a little something like this.

I'd actually suggest spamming spearmen. Use the city bombard to help you weaken your enemy instead.

EDIT: I guess reloading would solve the problem too

Don't feel so bad, Japan just raped me with Samurai and Catapults. Time to start again...

Japan also stomped me in my last game as England, I never have them in my game anymore,

This time it went a lot better:

Spoiler :

I'm going to puppet both the Siam cities. The unhappiness will be deat with once I have a couple of circus built.

Siam = dead now, I got 2 cities, China got 1:

Spoiler :

Bowman are OP, 3-4 of them are enough to destroy a city in a few turns, then you capture with a warrior.

Alexander wanted me to go to war with China, which I accepted, and now my end of the continent is all mine :)

Spoiler :

Siam is a nasty little bugger. I think he's pissed that Khmer head hasn't been removed. He goes stomping people a lot. He's working on me at the moment in my current game.
Spoiler :

I think Siam has bullied me more than every other civ combined in all my plays...
But it seems like he's always my closest neighbor. We have a game-spanning rivalry going on >.>

Oh great. So I conquered Siam with Chinas help. Then Alexander conquered China with my help .....

And less han 5 turns later Alenxander declares on me and storms in with a huge army of companion cavalry and hoplites :x

Alexander conquered my entire continent. He was friendly with me, but when he got to India, my last remaining buffer, I built a wall of forts in the hills along my border. He declared war before I was set up and crushed me lol
First time building forts would have been useful in one of my Civ games.

Alexander is evil, he will want to be your ally to kill everyone else, and then your next.

Oda on the other hand will be your best buddy forever if you beat him. In my current game after beating Oda, he accepted every single reasonable offer / demand (dont build near me, secrecy on everyone else, cooperation etc etc). Alexander on the otherhand remained stubborn and unfriendly after defeat.

Oda is more of an honorable war maniac, whereas Alexander just wants to conquer everything.

In my case it was catherina who backstabbed me. The whole game she was proposing cooperation pacts, secrecy pacts against somebody else, research agreements, open borders, resource trading...

And then she attacks me... She is in my black list now. Not for this game, but for civ5 in general :)

Siam is a nasty little bugger. I think he's pissed that Khmer head hasn't been removed. He goes stomping people a lot. He's working on me at the moment in my current game.
Spoiler :

Wait a minute! So Khmer head still exist in game?

Anyone please confirms this. I beg you.

Thanks in advance

Build your Babylonian Walls! I can't believe nobody has posted this yet. You will increase city ATTACK and defense with the Babylonian unique building!

Top Bottom