On the Floor of the Senate

Just my two cents, but I'd be perfectly fine with a game more along the lines of Children of the Emperor (as compared to the vaunted GaP franchise). CoE style format (like this game was) is a good team-game co-operative form of play which I think is really enjoyable when done right.

The main issue that would need to be resolved with it is the tendency for teams to be skewed, throwing power in the lap of the most popular team (although as Lord Bunka in CoE I managed to nullify that by lucking out on immortality, and compelling all my team-mates to conglomerate in the capital to block out the rival teams from the centre of power). This could easily be done by simply randomly allocating applicants to one of the set teams to ensure that they all have roughly equal numbers rendering the team-game competitive.

-

That said, if the moderator does want to run a GaP style game, I wish him every success. He shouldn't feel compelled to do it though just because that franchise (or rather the original GaP) has become something of an ace standard for IAAR's (on the basis of its active player base making full use of a working and detailed format, it would have flopped like any game if the players hadn't been actively involved [in trying to topple the Jeho-ShadowNX-Filli Noctus triumvirate :p]). Indeed if I must say so myself CoE probably comes second after the first GaP in terms of my personal ranking of best IAAR's, this being due to the previously mentioned format issue of skewed teams being problematic in terms of team competition within that game.

Ok everyone, I have begun the thread for the new game! Please sign up! We will be beginning this weekend.

forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=547568

Top Bottom