Opinions about the new movement system

Roads make a big difference in rough terrain at classical era.

Try walking through one of those ten tile wide bands of jungle that spawn frequently on the east and west sides of an Inland Sea Map. Now send a trade mission to something on the other side and move your troops on the road, the difference is YUGE! In flat terrain roads don't help but are very noticeable in lots of rough terrain.

Yes, there are a lot of subtleties in the game that people seem to miss, imo. Not saying it's perfect of course, but roads do have an effect, it's just not the supersede from Civ4 or the railroads from previous ones.

Regarding ordering a unit to stop or to skip to next unit/action, everyone knows you can use 'space bar' and 'return' keys, I presume.

My coordination for mousing around isn't the best and I frequently use the keyboard whenever I can. If the game tries to revert to a unit I don't want to move now I'll just 'space bar' it and go back to it manually later.

Regarding ordering a unit to stop or to skip to next unit/action, everyone knows you can use 'space bar' and 'return' keys, I presume.

My coordination for mousing around isn't the best and I frequently use the keyboard whenever I can. If the game tries to revert to a unit I don't want to move now I'll just 'space bar' it and go back to it manually later.

A wait command would save the remembering of what you have to go back to, and can't be that hard to implement surely.

You can skip a unit with the next/previous unit keys, and after you've given that second unit a command it skips right back to the one you just passed on!

Top Bottom