Orbis 1.0 Bug Thread

@hbar - The RNG favors you, oh Great One. :D

@All- Thanks again for answering the Boris and mercenary questions, but one still remains: Are cultists supposed to be able to discover religion-founding techs?

EDIT: As Sidar, missionary units can trigger Immortality after spreading religion (presumably also after spreading culture or adding hammers (soldiers of Kilmorph)
All the sidar units has a chance to be immortal (once time, I suppose), it depends of its level.

EDIT2: I founded three religions, and all three shrines were in my capital. RNG, bug, or WAD?
I think it is because you spread equally the previous religions and have a verry big capital face to your other towns.

You should really add a concepts section for the Palentine - I had absolutely no idea where to go with them.
Maybe. ^^

All the sidar units has a chance to be immortal (once time, I suppose), it depends of its level.

I understand that, but for units that don't die, but just disappear (missionaries, great people, soldiers of Kilmorph) it breaks immersion and seems 'gamey'.

Still getting that weird "crash" when closing Civ after playing the Dao, it crashes when trying to get back to Steam. In this I mean I get a Windows pop-up saying that Civ didn't close properly. It doesn't do this when I play the Palatinate.

Not sure about a bug... but the Dao are the worst civ at terraforming I have to get nature 3 for the hero just to turn desert into useable space. Had to get an archmage to be able to put out fires.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this problem, can you point me to a place where it's described?

Btw, here is a list of changes in my version of the file:

1. Fixed a Python exception when exploring a Griffon Nest, now you correctly get a "pack leader" instead
2. You can get a Polar Bear unit or totem on Snow too, not only on Tundra
3. You can get a Girffon unit or totem in a Griffon Nest
4. You can get a Gorilla unit in a Gorilla Shack instead of nothing and no message
5. A Griffon should now spawn when breeding or prospecting instead of nothing and no message (not tested, but should work)

Ahwaric said:
Road movement enhancements no longer linear (bigger impact on slow units) - consult the attached "graph"
(in version 1.0 changelog)

Can someone tell me where is that graph?

I get a couple of identical python exceptions every turn. Save attached.

Attachments

• Zhonn Noussut Turn_0502.CivBeyondSwordSave
    566.9 KB · Views: 61
A couple of things:

Luchuirp Worldspell doesn't work - it spawns hammers, but they can't be joined to cities, just taken by units.
Last Embrace and Love Eternal are missing even with soundtrack installed.
Take Mokkas Cauldron icon is missing.
Enlist Radiant Guard Overcouncil resolution is missing text.
Perpentach loses extra trait from election under republic if insanity triggers.
A couple of errors with lair spawns, but they appear to be fixed by PawelS' fix.

The Scion worldspell 'into the breach' can target mountains as a valid plot for the appearing units.

If this mountain happens to be surrounded by other mountains you just get to delete a very sexy stack...

Hello,

I have tried to download and play orbis about 5 times. I have been able to open it, start a new game, but my units are never able to do anything (can't access their abilities). I have no problem with FF, FF+, or now Rife. I have tried uninstalling everything and not downloading the other modmods, because I thought that could be the problem.

have you ever seen this problem before, what can I do, I really want to try this mod mod.

thanks

Hello,

I have tried to download and play orbis about 5 times. I have been able to open it, start a new game, but my units are never able to do anything (can't access their abilities). I have no problem with FF, FF+, or now Rife. I have tried uninstalling everything and not downloading the other modmods, because I thought that could be the problem.

have you ever seen this problem before, what can I do, I really want to try this mod mod.

thanks

If you downloaded just 1.0 version and you're using WinXP try updating with patch 1.0b. In 1.0 version there was bug causing this on WinXP

I don't know if this has been reported yet. I was playing a game today using version 1.0b. I used a great person to discover tracking. But it still shows up in the list when I have to choose the next tech to research. And it keeps showing up.

I'm playing as the Balseraphs with 1.0b and two minor glitches have shown up:

1) The "create puppet" button for Loki is missing, it appears as a blank pink square. The other create puppet buttons seem to be fine.
2) You can add slaves to freak shows without actually creating a freak show in a city. Dunno if this is actually a bug or as intended, but it seems like you should have to create a Freak Show in order to add a cage to a Freak Show, yes?

I get the "bad memory allocation" error every 5-10th turn. (using Vista, 3gb ram)

Top Bottom