Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things, not exactly bugs but fortunately I didn't encounter any game-breaking bugs in 1.00 so far.

- Doviello Chariot is missing icon. It has one with 'chariot' written on it.
- in event when you can inscribe god name on monument Mulcarn option is reserved for Illians. How about adding WH state religion to this ?
- In funeral event, one option gives 1 happiness for 1 turn. Shouldn't it be 10 turns ?
- Severed Soul has elemental unity.
- Then I lose combat sometimes my unit is turned to slave and I can take this slave back. So my elite elven ranger is now a slave in his own empire ;)

I'm pretty new to Orbis, but is it intentional that the "explore lair" button is greyed out sometimes? I can't explore dungeons at the moment. Also, even though I've teched divination I can't build a mind node on the Tower of Eyes.

I'm pretty new to Orbis, but is it intentional that the "explore lair" button is greyed out sometimes? I can't explore dungeons at the moment. Also, even though I've teched divination I can't build a mind node on the Tower of Eyes.

Some units can't explore lairs (workers, settlers, not upgraded adventurers) and units can't explore lairs after casting a spell in given turn. Though there was a bug in previous version when certain civs (like Bannor) lost ability to explore lair (or rather dungeons, animal lairs worked fine) for some reason, but it shouldn't be here anymore.
You don't have to build anything on the Tower of Eyes, just explore it :) Just connect it with road, it should give you Mind mana after discovering Knowledge of the Ether :)

Please provide more information. What civ are you playing? When are you able to explore lairs and when are you not? In order to receive a mind magic resource from the Tower of Eyes it should be enough to tech to Knowledge of the Ether and have a route to the site. The site must be successfully explored before it provides mana though, so perhaps your problems are connected.

While playing Palatinate my Adept is a red dot and I get sometimes (not always when I reload the save) this error message when I activate the unit:

Code:
File "CvScreensInterface", line 749, in forceScreenRedraw
File "CvMainInterface", line 992, in redraw
File "CvMainInterface", line 1455, in updatePlotListButtons
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I play Orbis 1.0 with QuickFix.

When playing the Amurites (1.0 with quickfix and temporary fix for XP machines) the game crashes to desktop every time I try to have a siege mage bombard a target.

Otherwise brilliant so far--thanks Ahwaric!

With "End of Winter" enabled terrain shows "TXT_KEY_PLOT_BECMES_TURNS" or some such, I s'pose ther's some description lacking. Also with defeat qoute of Julia.

BTW: As of yet I suffered only one crash; endless turn. Fixed by reload. This mod appears to be very stable. (Knock on wood). :goodjob:

Playing as Bannor, went with Orders for religion. A few issues I noted:

Unable to explore dungeons, & special map features (icon grayed out).

Created religious hero Valius (sp) & he had the icon to cast sanctify (grayed out)

Haunted lands would outright kill any troops on them after suffering from withdrawl, even if the troop had not left the lands. The confessors I sent to sanctify the area would die 1 turn after getting the withdrawl message.

Playing as Bannor, went with Orders for religion. A few issues I noted:
Can you please post a save?
Also, do you have python exceptions turned on? If not, can you please turn them on and tell me if any messages appear and what do they say?

Can you please post a save?
Also, do you have python exceptions turned on? If not, can you please turn them on and tell me if any messages appear and what do they say?

Same issue here. Neither epic dungeons (including tower of eyes) nor normal ones are explorable by Bannor. Other civs can explore them, save attached. No python exceptions, just grayed out button.

Another thing - as Palatinate, few tiles (3-4 by turn 120) turned to tundra. I started in upper half of the map, near northern end of it. Could it be some climate thing ?

Attachments

• Bannor Tower of Eyes.CivBeyondSwordSave
    40.5 KB · Views: 167
I have a mechanos game in which a hunter of mine got diseased and plagued promotions from exploring various lairs. He couldn't get healed by an adeptus standing in the same square(icon grayed out), this adeptus having cured himself from poison some turns ago(poisonned promotion he had 'earned' fighting a gobbo). I'm baffled.

I have a mechanos game in which a hunter of mine got diseased and plagued promotions from exploring various lairs. He couldn't get healed by an adeptus standing in the same square(icon grayed out), this adeptus having cured himself from poison some turns ago(poisonned promotion he had 'earned' fighting a gobbo). I'm baffled.

Did said hunter happen to find any artifacts whilst exploring those lairs? Particularly a hauberk. I've found that if a unit is immune to magic, he is immune to ALL magic, even friendly healing spells. That's caused me some baffling before as well.

If not, bug!

Uh oh, not a bug ! Thanks very much, you hit it right on the head.

Uh oh, not a bug ! Thanks very much, you hit it right on the head.
Still, something I should consider to change. Not sure if beneficial spells should be affected by immunities.

Anyway, first patch for the Orbis 1.0 is avaliable here

Also, as Orbis got to a new level of development, this old bug thread will now be countinued HERE

Please post bugs with 1.0 a there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom