Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slaves taken from Gobbos are also Orcs. Well, I s'pose they were the leaders of the Gobbo host and, after the grunts ran, decided to surrender. Or something. I'm resolute now not to engage the Elves if I can help it, wouldn't want to rationalize those Orcs. ;)

I'm sorry, but I dunno where else to ask this. I forgot to remove Orbis before I installed 1.0, and now the game crashes whenever I try to move a unit, any idea of how to solve this? I tried to remove Orbis and reinstall it, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

I'm sorry, but I dunno where else to ask this. I forgot to remove Orbis before I installed 1.0, and now the game crashes whenever I try to move a unit, any idea of how to solve this? I tried to remove Orbis and reinstall it, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

Ahwaric has identified this bug as an issue with Windows XP. He's working on a patch but this bug really snuck up on him so it might take a while.

If you're in a hurry you can grab the CvGameCoreDLL 2202.zip he posted just a bit earlier in this thread. Be warned though that it's an older version of CvGameCoredll.dll he used during development so there's bound to be some other bugs appearing instead. But at least you can play now.

Is it intended that that a swordsman can cast sanctify? The unit was produced in a city with command post. Other melee units (edit: earlier produced) do not have this ability.

edit: All units now have the icon, it doesn't however work, that is I cannot purge haunted lands, as of yet there's no hell terrain.

Ahwaric has identified this bug as an issue with Windows XP. He's working on a patch but this bug really snuck up on him so it might take a while.
That, and my girlfriend demanded to play a new version. So, you may say that we were playtesting lan multiplayer (is ok at turn 200, got couple OOS at the start of the turn, but nothing reloading did not fix).

But I have prapared 2 more dll. I think I will ask people with xp to test them - will take less time than me trying to get xp working.
First should be just the same as the CvGameCoreDLL 2202.zip to make sure I have the right source (CvGameCoreDLL retry.zip)
Second has civics bit readded. SO, please check CvGameCoreDLL retry.zip first, and if it works, then CvGameCoreDLL civics.zip
Then tell me what happened.
I will work on the version with white hand additions working in the meantime.
Is it intended that that a swordsman can cast sanctify? The unit was produced in a city with command post. Other melee units do not have this ability.
Not. I have spotted that some units can/can't cast spells they should. Mostly it is related to sanctify. Once I am done with xp issue, I will take care of the spell problem. If it is not the same one...

Not sure if this is a bug, but it seems that when the Dao pop one elemental, they pop both kinds. This is in my capital, with an air shrine and fire shrine. I always get both elementals on the same turn, and this has happened 5 times in a row now.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it seems that when the Dao pop one elemental, they pop both kinds. This is in my capital, with an air shrine and fire shrine. I always get both elementals on the same turn, and this has happened 5 times in a row now.
Thanks for pointing it - it is not intentional, they use the same random number in generation. Will change that.
Both of them work. Started game with Dao, played for couple of turns, everything seems ok :)
Ok, so here is another one - this time it contains religion stuff. In fact, it contains almost all things that influence game.
I suspect mastery promotions might be the case.

Going to make another one...

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL religion.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Ok, so here is another one - this time it contains religion stuff. In fact, it contains almost all things that influence game.
I suspect mastery promotions might be the case.

Going to make another one...

This one crashes game - no icons, crash when building city. Tried with Dao, may try with other civs if needed.

Ok, two more:
with religion climate change
with religion climate change & religion terrain yields

Edit: and a small addition this time - to allow founding guild of the nine without resources.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL climate.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • CvGameCoreDLL yield.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • CvGameCoreDLL guild.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
Ok, two more:
with religion climate change
with religion climate change & religion terrain yields

Edit: and a small addition this time - to allow founding guild of the nine without resources.

Climate one works. Two others don't, same crash as before.
Thanks for all your trouble and work you're putting into solving this bug :)

The icon displays fine for me.

Also, check the quickfix again - I have added new fixes.

Climate one works. Two others don't, same crash as before.
Thanks for all your trouble and work you're putting into solving this bug :)
Ok, we have the problem identified then. Extra yields provided by the religion... That is bad, as I need it for the White hand :(

Now I need to take a closer look at the code - and either fix it or change how white hand works.

Thanks for testing the dlls :)

Ok, we have the problem identified then. Extra yields provided by the religion... That is bad, as I need it for the White hand :(

So in climate one everything but religion yields is in ? Can I use to this one to play a game, just not getting yields modified by religion ?

Where do I stick the DLLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom