Other Mods in HOF Mod

Steven Aus

Teach The World To Fish For Life
(I did a search with search terms "custom .dlls" in the Hall of Fame forum, but I'm not sure how best to find where the search terms appear in the threads that result from a CivFanatics search, so I would appreciate any tips. :))

Would you consider other mods to be incorporated into Civ IV HOF (such as FFH2, but maybe others too) at such a time they have a version that is fairly final? I reckon it would be great fun having, for example, a FFH2 Gauntlet, with all the variety of all the different factions and leaders. =)

Best regards,
Steven.

(I did a search with search terms "custom .dlls" in the Hall of Fame forum, but I'm not sure how best to find where the search terms appear in the threads that result from a CivFanatics search, so I would appreciate any tips. :))

When using the 'Advanced Search' towards the bottom left you'll have a choice to get your results either by thread or by post. The default setting is by thread.

Would you consider other mods to be incorporated into Civ IV HOF (such as FFH2, but maybe others too) at such a time they have a version that is fairly final? I reckon it would be great fun having, for example, a FFH2 Gauntlet, with all the variety of all the different factions and leaders. =)

We're more about sticking to the core game of civ, so mods such as FFH2 would not be considered for inclusion. Other mods that do not provide spoiler information would be considered as a possibility.

When using the 'Advanced Search' towards the bottom left you'll have a choice to get your results either by thread or by post. The default setting is by thread.

Okay thanks, so next time I need to use Advanced Search.

We're more about sticking to the core game of civ, so mods such as FFH2 would not be considered for inclusion. Other mods that do not provide spoiler information would be considered as a possibility.

IMHO that's a shame, because FFH2 is almost like a new game, and pretty much all the sides play differently with each of the different religions, even more so than regular CivIV. What do you mean by spoiler information? Do you mean when people post about specifics of their games?

Best regards,
Steven.

IMHO that's a shame, because FFH2 is almost like a new game, and pretty much all the sides play differently with each of the different religions, even more so than regular CivIV. What do you mean by spoiler information? Do you mean when people post about specifics of their games?

Best regards,
Steven.
Technically, the HOF Mod is a modpack or scenerio just like FFH2, Rhye's, etc. Only one modpack can be active at a time. The HOF Mod is a compliation of other mods and bug fixes and some mods built by the HOF team. There are also some changes that support the HOF and GOTM competitions that the other modpacks just don't have. (Some of which are confidiential.)

By no spoilers, Methos was refering to unaltered game play. (i.e no information that you can't get through the stock interface.) We have added popular labor-saving Mods like the Exotic Foreign Advisor. You can get the full list from the HOF Mod web page.

What about the BUG mod? Is that acceptable?

What about the BUG mod?

The BUG mod is a modpack like the HOF mod, designed to provide you more (non-spoiler) info than the normal game. Obviously you can only be running one or the other at the one time but many of the smaller mods contained within BUG are also in the HOF mod. I haven't looked at BUG too much (because of the log crash issue which has hopefully been fixed) but there might be some content in there that would be good to have included in future releases on the HOF mod. I'm sure ruff_hi will have some thoughts on this :mischief:

any thoughts on including the BlueMarble mod? ;)
I play with HOF with BlueMarble loaded under customassets - it works fine.

What about the BUG mod? Is that acceptable?
YAY for the BUG mod.

No. I've heard bad things about it in the SG community. Though I must admit, I haven't taken a good look at it.
Slander! Lies! Who tells this absolute rubbish! Ok, sure, there was a slight issue with the in-game log causing Crash To Desktop when it was opened by people not using BUG ... but hey - that is because they aren't using BUG ... why is that BUGs fault :D.

The BUG mod is a modpack like the HOF mod, designed to provide you more (non-spoiler) info than the normal game. Obviously you can only be running one or the other at the one time but many of the smaller mods contained within BUG are also in the HOF mod. I haven't looked at BUG too much (because of the log crash issue which has hopefully been fixed) but there might be some content in there that would be good to have included in future releases on the HOF mod. I'm sure ruff_hi will have some thoughts on this :mischief:
Release v2.21 of BUG has hopefully fixed the CTD issues but it is a little difficult to test the absence of something like this. I am waiting for a SG to start with v2.21 to test.

The non HOF / mapfinder parts of the HOF mod have the same aim as BUG (unaltered game play). There are some differences as we have kept expanding various items (logger, alerts, whip anger counter, city arrows, GP Bar, GG Bar, etc) but it would be pretty easy to fold BUG into HOF. It might not add much and cause Dennis lots of heart ache but it could be done. The other option would be to see what HOF offers that BUG doesn't, put that stuff in BUG and then overlay the DLL specific stuff (we haven't done anything with the DLL) to get the HOF mod BUG version.

That said - I actually prefer the HOF domestic adviser to the BUG domestic adviser. I'm actually thinking of putting 3 domestic advisers into BUG (vanilla BtS, HOF version, current BUG version).

I use Bluemarble with HOF mod, have used it for a long time. (Forgot what the game looks like without it!)

yes, I use BlueMarble as well, I was just curious, because after going with BM, I cant' stand screenshots from people that aren't using it :lol:

No. I've heard bad things about it in the SG community. Though I must admit, I haven't taken a good look at it.

What have you heard negative about it? I've been using it since its earlier releases and it runs without any problems for me.

When SG hosts state that a specific mod [in this instance the BUG mod] isn't allowed to be used, it makes me leery.
Methos - as far as I know, LKendter was the only host to ban this due to the CTD mentioned earlier. Were there other hosts that also banned it?

Methos - as far as I know, LKendter was the only host to ban this due to the CTD mentioned earlier. Were there other hosts that also banned it?

I only watch LK's, Realms Beyond, and Arathorn's threads, so I can't be for certain. I also recall you stating that BUG had been fixed for that problem.

There's not a mod for this yet - but it might be a good mod idea.

It'd be useful to have a way to check the current HOF tables for your game settings from in-game.

Some chart showing the "current" best HOF finish times/scores for all the victory conditions for the games that match your game settings.

From an implementation standpoint, it might make more sense to retrieve the data when the game is created, rather than have it be "live" data. Games that span more than one HOF update would have stale data - but I think that would be alright.

Just an idea.

Top Bottom