Other natural wonders in North America?

JanghanHong

Enrico Trololo
I'm making a North American map that includes southern tip of Canada, all of USA, and most of Mexico with lots of Central American and Carribean islands as city-states. It's a huge map, so I'm trying to put in most of the natural wonders in, as a stand-in for a similar places in North America.

There are three obvious ones that are already in the map, like:

Old Faithful - Wyoming
Grand Mesa - Colorado
The Great Barringer Crater - Arizona

and I've already put in:

The Great Barrier Reef - As Thousand Islands - New York/Ontario
The Rock of Gibraltar - As the Alcatraz Rock - San Francisco, California
Fountain of Youth - As The Everglades - Florida.

And I'm trying to put in:

Uluru
Mt. Kalilash
Mt. Sinai
Sri Pada
Cerro de Potoshi
Krakatoa

They are all mountains, so they could go in the northern Rockies, preferably away from Southwest US where I already have 4 natural wonders. the valley of Mexico, and the Appalachians, but I'm utterly ignorant of the scenic mountains out there. Help?

Krakatoa could be Mt Maunakea in Hawaii

Arkansas has north america's only working diamond mind, could be a nice Mt. Potosi.

Although THE Cerro do Potosi is located in Bolivia, there is a Cerro El Potosí in northeast Mexico (about 50 miles south of Monterrey).

Any of the mountains could be recast as Pike's Peak in Colorado. There's also Mt. McKinley in Alaska. And Krakatoa could be Mt. St. Helens in Washington state.

Mt kailish could be Mount McKinley, the tallest mountain in North America.

On a sidenote, I really hate that it looks exactly like any other in-game mountain.

Shiprock in New Mexico can replace Mt. Sinai - [New Mexico]

Sri Prada can replace the Blackhills of the Sioux in the Dakotas.

does Niagara Falls count?

I can't, I'm putting Buffalo down there so Lake Erie and Ontario has a city canal.

It's also too close to the Thousand Islands.

...and There's no suitable graphics.

Also, I'm going to use Mt. Kalilash for the main mountain in Banff, can't remember what it is at the moment, and Krakatoa for the active volcano in Hawaii.

My map doesn't go too far north, it stops just at Edmonton, Canada.

I'm researching the Nicaragua mountain for Sri Pada.

Also, nothing in the Appalachians or the Ozarks? It's mighty empty around the Eastern US.

The massive river side bonus from the Miss. and it's tributaries should make the Eastern US pretty prime real estate already. The northern area should all be pasture/hills/riverside/grasslands, and the Ozarks adn Appalacians should have massive amounts of coal, oil (NG) and other resources.

Pike's Peak? Holiest Mountain in America? Actually... Black Hills might be better for a Holy Mountain.

The Badlands? Can't think of any suitable graphics, though.

There's a couple big problems with it (scale, coloration), but I think the uluru wonder is very evocative of The Ozarks in that they're both striking as very isolated plateaus.

Top Bottom