Volcanoes for VP

Little update.

Changelog:
- fixed bug whereby Volcanoes spawn on Ancient Ruins;
- Natural Wonders Fuji, Krakatoa, Kilimanjaro count as Volcanoes for building requirements. If More Wonders for VP is enabled, also Mt. Paektu and Dallol.
(Mauna Kea is not yet added to adan_eslavo's mod)
Is this savegame compatible?

You can make it savegame compatible by copying all the content EXCEPT the .modinfo file.
Changing the .modinfo file breaks the save.
This applies to any civ5 mod.

EDIT: Actually I changed an important thing to the sql database (added IsVolcano column to Features table)
So yes, it's not savegame compatible unfortunately.
You have to finish your game and start one anew.

Did he rule out these textures being deployed as improvements?
I found them but they are just dds, there's no gr2 model, probably because they are intended as terrain.

Attachments

• lava_textures.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 2
Update.

Changelog:
- fixed Volcano spawning on the same tile of a settler (very very rare but it could happen, now it never happens);
- added a lua workaround whereby tables Belief_CityYieldPerXFeatureTimes100 and Building_YieldPerXFeatureTimes100 give yields based on numbers of Volcanoes within 3 tiles without needing to work the tile, like it already happens with mountains (and mountains alone have such exception). The bonuses appear as additional yields from buildings.

Last edited:
Built several Obsidian works - 3 in version 1 and 1 in version 3 never seen obsidian spawn.
Thanks for reporting.
I used the table Building_ResourcePlotsToPlace but that seems to create a certain discontent also in relation to other mods (More Wonders for VP).
Technically that means around the city where you constructed the Obsidian Works there was no plot eligible to spawn the resource.
I will discard using the table and make Obsidian spawn with lua so it will be there with certainty.

Default volcanoes were too common for me, so I reduced their spawn rate from 25 to 20, then 10, but any change to data results in mod not producing any volcanoes at all for me.
Any ideas?

Update inbound.

Changelog:
  • Fixed Obsidian Works not spawning Obsidian.
  • Also reduced JAR_VOLCANOES_PERCENT from 25 to 10.

It would be cute to spawn the obsidian on top of the volcano, but then I guess a mine or quarry graphic isn't going to play nice.

Beside being ugly graphically it also cannot be improved because volcanoes are impassable.

Strange, but now obsidian placed in the city tile. When I look at resources it shows it in city, but I can't trade it and it doesn't count in monopoly screen and it gives me nothing. Even when one of my cities wants it for WLKD I have to buy it.

Update online.
Added a check to avoid obsidian spawning under city tile.

Top Bottom