[GS] Ottomans Livestream Discussion

Every alliance gives automatically Defensive Pacts and Open Borders, regardless of alliance type or level.

Weren't they going to show off the new science victory in a 'later livestream'? It seems like it will be more likely to get revealed by live streamers at this point.
Yeah, like that. I'd rather get on to things like that instead of some weird edge cases that involve a civ's specific ability in specific situations. I mean, SOME things can wait until the release.

Am I the only one being disappointed by these livestreams? That is the third or fourth one in a row where they don't reveal anything about mechanics... 2 weeks left and we still haven't seen things like 4-tier governments or the new science victory conditions.

Am I the only one being disappointed by these livestreams? That is the third or fourth one in a row where they don't reveal anything about mechanics... 2 weeks left and we still haven't seen things like 4-tier governments or the new science victory conditions.
they might be leaving that stuff to a livestream on the 12th.

EDIT: possible schedule: Phoenicia on the 29th, LS on the 31st, Eleanor on the 5th, LS on the 7th, and a random catch-all LS on the 12th before the release on the 14th?

I mean it could be that they're still hammering things out, but I doubt it (at least to the degree that they can't talk about it at all yet).

We're heard about "the civs can be different colors now!" and people seem to eat it up and have a million questions about it though.

They're definitely keeping some things hidden. Like when Carl was scrolling the culture tree and they very clearly wanted him to stop and not scroll further over. Unless if they were just trolling us with that.

I feel like I learned about pillaging and a bit about resources. During the Canada stream I learned a ton about diplomacy.

.... or Constantinople being the capital of the Byzantines while Istanbul is the capital of the Ottomans. Yeah, makes sense.

You can always rename it to Constantinople or Byzantion or Kostantiniyye as the Ottomans also called it :)

I think the AI didn’t do too bad here actually. And them joining the military alliance was a fun surprise because in R&F those emergencies were almost never joined by the AI
Also glad those gold bonuses are gone

We've Maori, Sweden and Canada who are good at Culture, Ottomans at domination, we are missing a Science focused Civ. I hope we get one.

Yup I'm almost 2000% percent sure Phoenicia will be a diplo/science civilization with heavy coastal elements.

Something like science and diplomatic favor on trade routes/trade deals.

They're definitely keeping some things hidden. Like when Carl was scrolling the culture tree and they very clearly wanted him to stop and not scroll further over. Unless if they were just trolling us with that.
I wonder if that's because they want it to be a big reveal, or because they don't like how it's coming along.

Same with the power system. That’s not been touched on much

I had the feeling Pete was about to mispeak once, asking something about a civ-feature/leader that wasn't revealed yet, but then caught himself. Did anyone else notice too? I think it was during the canal question, so I assume it might have to do with the cothon.
Also, they were kinda quite enthusiastic to tell Karl to stop scrolling through the civics tree.

That can probably mean that Battering Rams and Siege Towers will get some nerf

Judging by this stream and one a few weeks ago, no. I'm not sure how you could nerf them. They either work or they don't.

when you're watching the game video stream and instinctively try to scroll the map or push buttons. And are shocked when nothing happens.

I do this a lot with Civ6 youtube videos. And sometimes I wish the streamer would scroll to the right or zoom in so I can see something. :)

I heard that, too. If non-military alliances aren't automatically defensive pacts, that's something new that I don't think they've discussed.

Yeah Mali and Sweden couldn't participate or declare war on Ottomans because of the alliance. And I also think the reason why they didn't declare war (on Canada) was because the emergency was the result of hostile action by the Ottomans, it's not like Canada declared a surprise war or used a formal war/CB against Carl.

I like the voting in emergencies, it works better this way so more people participate.

I had the feeling Pete was about to mispeak once, asking something about a civ-feature/leader that wasn't revealed yet, but then caught himself. Did anyone else notice too? I think it was during the canal question, so I assume it might have to do with the cothon.
Also, they were kinda quite enthusiastic to tell Karl to stop scrolling through the civics tree.

It's got to be super tough to remember what's been revealed, what is "new," and what is secret (considering to them it is ALL old and has been for months).

Probably already answered or heavily implied, but I’m still not 100% sure:

1. Can Ibrahim be in the same capital city as the opponents own governor?
2. They made it sound like having an enemy Ibrahim in your city is a purely good thing, so you can’t neutralize him with your own spy. Which is...questionable. But regardless: can a third party spy neutralize Ibrahim?
3. Bonus round: if the answer to (1) is Yes, do you choose which governor to neutralize?

Top Bottom