Our Nations Name

What shall our nation be named?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arete, how is that pronounced anyway? Ah reet? Ah ret? Ah reh tay?

Our Nations Name Poll
This will be a 3 day poll, public vote, one option per voter, and we repoll the top three options with most votes until we get a name with 50 % support or more of the votes. There will be a second runoff between the two most popular options in the run-off, if needed.
QUOTE]

In the future runoff, (does second run-off mean that effectively we'll have 3 polls, and no more than 3?) I would like to replace Cenaeds with Harani for my offering to the public for a name for our people.

Arete in a Flemish [Dutch speaking part of Belgium] dialect actually means: "your ass" when pronounced A-ray-teh

Is Nova a bad name for a car?

Because in Spanish, it means "no go."

Arete in a Flemish [Dutch speaking part of Belgium] dialect actually means: "your ass" when pronounced A-ray-teh

Reet = ass
A = (not a word in Dutch)

Don't know what kind of twisted dialect you speak, NZL, but in Dutch, Arete means nothing.

A is "Kempisch" dialect for "Uw" [=your]

OOC- I think Flemish part of Belgium and Netherlands should unite, and toss the poor Wallonians where they belong, in France.

/Offtopic I don't think that the Flemish and the Dutch would want such a union. In the past, Flanders revolted against Dutch superiority.

Btw, I do have the book "De leeuw van Vlaanderen" in my possession ;).

I don't think the old greeks pronounced Arete the english way. I think it should be pronounced as Ah-Reet-eh

If Badhron, joncnunn and w00ter all change votes from Arethans to Aretans, Aretans would have more than 50 %, does that sound good?

Top Bottom