Overcouncil is almost competely worthless?

Kyroshill

Huh?
So... what's with Overcouncil allies backstabbing all the time..... In my current game we even had a Defensive Pact among us.... didn't prevent the entire council from DoW as soon as I started trying to mine balsting powder.

The ONLY reason I'm still alive is that I have Teutorix and Chalid.... and on the first turn of war I was able to force a vote to end the war.

What's up with that.... Overcouncil has backstabbed me three times in the last month....

I could see Undercouncil doing something like that.... but when "Honor" is a pre-req.... where is that honor? :mad:

“And Covenants, without the Sword, are but Words, and of no strength to secure a man at all.” -Thomas Hobbits

The Overcouncil if a member is unusually weak or about to gain an advantage will turn against said member. Honor or no, it's best to regard the Overcouncil as potential future enemies and plan accordingly. Strength and Honor.

Who cares about honor? Certainly not the AI. Strength is the only way to be safe. And a pre-emptive attack is the best defense.

Some AI's are honorable and don't declare at pleased.

Who cares about honor? Certainly not the AI. Strength is the only way to be safe. And a pre-emptive attack is the best defense.

So FfH is essentially a wargame then? With nothing else except wanton slaughter and bloodshed..... interesting.....

Except I refuse to accept that.... if that were the case, then this would be one of the worst games in history..... the Civ war engine is childish at best, and should in no way be used as the basis for a game.

The point is to have different civ and cultures and be able to play out history in a variety of ways. If the only course of action is wipe the map of all rivals regardless of civ or desired playstyle, then the game is worthless, and should only have warmongering civs and units.... there is ZERO value in anything else in such a setup.

There is no value to friendship.... trading.... treaties... except to crush everyone around you.....

The Sheaim and Infernals have won.... and the game is over.... no point in starting it at all.....

I'm sorry.... but this is broken..... badly

There is no value to friendship.... trading.... treaties... except to crush everyone around you.....

Well, AI's never make the decision to attack you at Friendly. I do think that there should be less backstabbers at Pleased among Good leaders. In my XML modifications, Beeri, Varn, Sabathiel, and the Elohim are honourable, unlike in the standard FFH.

The Sheaim and Infernals have won.... and the game is over.... no point in starting it at all.....

I like the hopelessness of that post.

I'd never backstab you Kyroshill! Just stay out of the forests!

I'd never backstab you Kyroshill! Just stay out of the forests!

You got it right, AI Amelanchier is honourable even in the standard XML (doesn't consider declaring at Pleased).

I'm still dumbfounded that the ENTIRE Overcouncil would DoW.... not just one member.... all of them.... including Decius of Bannor who had converted to Order but lacked OfH.... I gifted it to him.... a few turns later he gets Valin.... then DoW.... Blah! :nuke: :backstab:

Xan from Bauldur's Gate. :)

Hmmm, how are you going to get the cookie?
Maybe Luckmann has a special delivery service, or he would need to come by your present location to give it to you personaly? Perhaps there is a "cookie by e-mail" service he could use! :lol:

I was always saddened by the fact that Xan didn't make it into Baldur's Gate II. :( Baldur's Gate really needs a complete remake in the old style, making BG/BG2/ToB a seamless experience with all the features from each across the board.

Quotes of Xan just doesn't do him justice. "Life is SO hollow.."
Xan from Bauldur's Gate. :)
*Gives Quinntan a virtual cookie*

"What is honor? a word. What is in that word honor? What is that honor? air. A trim reckoning! Who hath it? he that died o' Wednesday. Doth he feel it? no. Doth he hear it? no. 'Tis insensible, then. Yea, to the dead. But will it not live with the living? no. Why? detraction will not suffer it. Therefore, I'll none of it. Honor is a mere scutcheon; and so ends my catechism."
~ William Svartalfarspeare

However, we Ljosalfars try for better than that.

+6 relations and an ability to force war isn't bad.

A better title would be 'overcouncil overrated'.

I'm still dumbfounded that the ENTIRE Overcouncil would DoW.... not just one member.... all of them.... including Decius of Bannor who had converted to Order but lacked OfH.... I gifted it to him.... a few turns later he gets Valin.... then DoW.... Blah! :nuke: :backstab:

No offence, but you're a bit foolish if you gifted someone with Order OfH before you got Valin yourself :p

If he's using Chalid then he's empy ;)

Yep... I founded both... but wanted to run Empyrean... and Order spread faster into Bannor lands... since he was devoted to Order (and my chief ally) I thought I'd help him use Order to its fullest.... seemed like a good idea at the time

The Overcouncil is wonderful if you seek a peaceful victory. You still need a military to defend yourself, but for an AI that is on the fence between "attack" and "don't attack," the +9 relations can really make all the difference. And woe if that AI isn't on the Overcouncil, especially if you're Malakim and have both the Overcouncil vote heroes...

Top Bottom