P3-01 - Our god is better than their god!

By the way, I am quite busy right now in my daily schedule of studies, so I will play it only in a few hours. If anybody has anything to add, please do add!

Doh thought Izzy started with wheel for some reason, got her techs confused with just there :smoke: mysticism and fishing it seems, so yeah I agree, wheel - mining - BW - masonry

It happens. Of the three greatest zealots (Izzy, Justin, Sal) - only Izzy starts with fishing instead of wheel. And unfortunately we have no seafood...

I'd say give the worker something to do - Wheel, Mining, BW sounds good to me, with maybe masonry thrown in if we're serious with building stonehenge. Don't forget to get a second city up by the gold for our research.

masonry thrown in if we're serious with building stonehenge. Don't forget to get a second city up by the gold for our research.

We should be serious on Stonehenge and should finish it after the worker is completed. No time to wait for the stone quarry.

Is that a HEATHEN bear I see out there? Convince it of our righteousness, christen it and then quickly run away!
Not much to add here. Proposed tech path seems perfect to me. I guess "settle near the gold" means the northern gold, right? For blocking purposes if H is that close by. Should be scouted a bit more of course to find best spot. Southern gold and floodplains also look nice, but will come later surely.

Just played 14 turns(when AH came in).

Here is my report:

Turn 1: I decided to go with what Meiz said about production. I switched to Stonehenge for now, when AH is 7 turns away I switch to worker again and it will finish same time as AH comes in.

Turn 2: ...
Turn 3: ...
Turn 4: ...

Turn 5: Islam in a far away land.
Spoiler :

Turn 6: Looks like there is another continent, or at least a small piece of land, to our west:
Spoiler :

Turn 7: Our border pops and, oops, that is near! Is that our first target? :lol:
Spoiler :

Turn 8: ...
Turn 9: ...

Turn 10: Our warrior in scout duty kills a bear, gets a promotion out of it but I didn't choose the promotion in my turnset.
Spoiler :

Turn 11: ...

Turn 12: The other warrior that was in our capitol kills a lion. Err, wait, whatt?!? :eek:
Nah, I just sent him in a fast recon mission to check how our near-neighbour's land looks like. You can either leave him as our main explorer, as the other one was healing inside our cultural border by the end of my turn and can assume the defensive duty, or pull him back.
Spoiler :

Turn 13: The warrior who killed a bear 3 turns ago is, as I meantioned above, healing now inside our borders.

Turn 14: AH in, start mining(no breaker on it yet, can be changed). Horse pops in our capital's BFC! :goodjob:
Spoiler :

Thoughts: Mining > BW > Mansory sounds good.

I didn't move any unit in this 14th turn by the way, so you guys can choose what to do with the worker and with the warriors. I'd recommend working the cow and finishing stonehenge.

Rooster:

PaulusIII
Arlborn - just played
Ralph_Jackson - UP
nocho - on deck
Meiz
Loki_Strikes

Attachments

• Zealot Izzy BC-2880.CivBeyondSwordSave
    55.7 KB · Views: 101
Ah, by the way...

UNPROTECTED WORKER!!!! :lol:

Warrior rush??!?! :satan:

HOLY COW! (o no, that's another religion :mischief:) Hannibal is really close by!

Good going, Arlborn.

Only thing I'm personally not too convinced about is building stonehenge without stone hooked up. I realize we still need wheel and masonry for that so I'd suggest masonry before mining (wheel first though). We could build barracks or even a scout meanwhile and grow a bit. Obviously we should keep up the scouting. I'd promote the warrior to woody 1.
And nice to see 3 different kinds of animals waiting to be domesticated in our bfc! :goodjob: Pigs first of course.

We won't have a quarry up in time for stonehenge, and if we delay we won't get it, so we just gotta bite the bullet and build it :p

I have nothing wrong with killing Hannibal for his gold capital in the name of God, however IDK if a rush is in the cards, maybe go HBR at some point for a horse archer rush? (6 str, two movement, AI's dont know what to do with it.)

HOLY COW! (o no, that's another religion :mischief:) Hannibal is really close by!

Good going, Arlborn.

Only thing I'm personally not too convinced about is building stonehenge without stone hooked up. I realize we still need wheel and masonry for that so I'd suggest masonry before mining (wheel first though). We could build barracks or even a scout meanwhile and grow a bit. Obviously we should keep up the scouting. I'd promote the warrior to woody 1.
And nice to see 3 different kinds of animals waiting to be domesticated in our bfc! :goodjob: Pigs first of course.

I still prefer to hook up the cow first, so there is more hammers to work on(+food) while we build stonehenge(which needs to be built now or we will lose it I bet).

Didn't you guys see the unprotected worker of Hannibal in the gold tile in my last turn?? I wonder if it would be too lamme to declare war now only to steal his worker! :hammer:

We should not steal a worker right now, he has archers, we have warriors, we are busy building SH, if he sent archers after our cap its game over.

We do have 2 warriors:)lol:). And, would he really send an archer? Well, I guess you are right, better not to risk it I guess. But we should rush him soon, such a nice capital right beside us!

Nice round Alborn. But we have no use for Mining right now as every hill has a forest on it. The Wheel should be a higher priority so we can get those horses hooked up asap.

How about we improve cows first and finish SH with that production. In the meanwhile, worker can pasture horses (which also helps to get SH faster) and once Wheel comes in, connects them to our capital (remember to build the road on top of pigs so we can easily improve them next :)). With our production, we could just forget our first settler for now and rush Hannibal with chariots. Well, that depends what kind of defences he has on that point anyway.

About the worker stealing, I would like to avoid that just to show that you can win the game without taking use of AI faults :p

Ok, somehow missed team's inisistence on quick stonehenge. In that case, sure, cows first. Just hate to see us stuck at size 2 right now.
If we ignore stone for SH right now, I guess tech path will be wheel - mining - BW - masonry.

Ok, somehow missed team's inisistence on quick stonehenge. In that case, sure, cows first. Just hate to see us stuck at size 2 right now.
If we ignore stone for SH right now, I guess tech path will be wheel - mining - BW - masonry.

It's still emperor level and the AI's seem to love SH (and get the chance to build it early). So waiting for stone quarry would probably cause us to lose the wonder and thus our early shrine. Better to play it safely in my opinion, even if it means on stucking to size 2 for a while :)

It's still emperor level and the AI's seem to love SH (and get the chance to build it early). So waiting for stone quarry would probably cause us to lose the wonder and thus our early shrine. Better to play it safely in my opinion, even if it means on stucking to size 2 for a while :)

Yeah, I got the hang of it :). Just somehow it feels a bit counterintuitive, we're at emperor here and we desperately try not to grow beyond size 2 :lol:. But surely once cows, pigs and horses are up we'll quickly catch up helped maybe by some chopping for a settler or 2.

Just somehow it feels a bit counterintuitive, we're at emperor here and we desperately try not to grow beyond size 2 :lol:. But surely once cows, pigs and horses are up we'll quickly catch up helped maybe by some chopping for a settler or 2.

It's all about prioritizes, right? :) Talking about the chops, if we want the Pyramids, I would save our forests for it once stone is hooked up. That's double production right there. Or if we want to chariot rush Hannibal, those chops are best spent on units.

For the avoiding worker punts thing , Liq agrees there unless you start 6ish tiles from effing toku. Really the only advantage to start next to toku is that you don;t feel guilty about boxing that fool in and eliminating him the first moment feasible.:lol:

Cheers!
-Liq

A chariot rush sounds a bit risky this late (we'd have to build rax - chariots right after SH), however if we can scout Hanny and verify he has no metals I am for it by all means, but this is emperor, AI starts with hunting + archery, meaning they have the capacity to build spears with BW, so I tend to rush early with chariots or if my enemy has no metal.

A chariot rush sounds a bit risky this late (we'd have to build rax - chariots right after SH), however if we can scout Hanny and verify he has no metals I am for it by all means, but this is emperor, AI starts with hunting + archery, meaning they have the capacity to build spears with BW, so I tend to rush early with chariots or if my enemy has no metal.

Very true :)

Ok Got it, thoughts tonight and will play tomorrow!

Ralph

Top Bottom