Paradox Interactive games

Wow. Heir to the Throne sounds like a In Nomine-style revolution (of the EU design) all over again.

Awesome.

Vicky 2 YEAH!!!!!!!!!:D

That EU3 expansion sounds cool as well:goodjob:

And given a couple more patches, I think HOI:3 will turn out really great! It's fun at the mo just needs a bit more work!

Vicky 2! :yeah:

I am so excited about Vicky 2!! Cannot wait!! :)

Victoria 2 will be one of the best games ever.

Am really, really excited for both the Vicky 2 and EU3 announcements, don't get me wrong - detailed casus belli system in particular has pretty interesting consequences...:D...but couldn't they at least try to get the map right in the Middle East/Caucasus area? It's pretty frustrating...and I hope that EU3 expansion brings the game up to 1835 so we can do some mad awesome long-term campaigns, starting in 1399 and going to the end of World War II.

Bloody laptop... being unable to play anything more advanced than wordpad

*runs off to search computer prices*

Something I hope Paradox puts in EU3 and Vicky 2 is the ability to convert save games to the next game when you finish. Seeing as how both EU3 and HOI3 are less on-rails and the AI responds better to ahistorical situations it would be nice to actually have a working epic game across all three without having to put in huge amounts of effort.

HOI3 is less on the rails?

Mind if I ask how so? I haven't played it but that idea intrigues me

In HOI2 WW2 only occurs if the events go the right way. For example if Germany invades Czechslovakia, Poland might declare war on Germany before they are in the allies and then Germany never invades Denmark, the Lowlands France or the Soviet Union. Nothing happens in North Africa and overall it becomes a very boring game. I haven't played HOI3 either but from what I understand key events (such as declaration of wars and annexations) seem to be decisions (from EU3:IN) based and the alliance system is much less rigid.

Indeed. I often have to force the AI's hand through alliances or save game modding. And in this one game im currently playing as CZH, germany's spread out all over the world, lost most of its army to SOV and then booted me out of the alliance. At the moment, im moving into southern france with my troops. Swedes have taken the UK, Nat China has taken india, Japan is anemic and the US is a fascist megalomaniac state taking over everything it can.

Its a fun game, but damn, I cant even call it ahistorical. Its just plain fiction.

lol at Victoria 2 being announced not a month after I purchased the original.

Am really, really excited for both the Vicky 2 and EU3 announcements, don't get me wrong - detailed casus belli system in particular has pretty interesting consequences...:D...but couldn't they at least try to get the map right in the Middle East/Caucasus area? It's pretty frustrating...and I hope that EU3 expansion brings the game up to 1835 so we can do some mad awesome long-term campaigns, starting in 1399 and going to the end of World War II.

Something I hope Paradox puts in EU3 and Vicky 2 is the ability to convert save games to the next game when you finish. Seeing as how both EU3 and HOI3 are less on-rails and the AI responds better to ahistorical situations it would be nice to actually have a working epic game across all three without having to put in huge amounts of effort.

Johan has already said he has no interest in expanding the EU3 timeline, it would make far more sense for there to be a Vicky 2 XP that brings the start date back to 1822. then, you would be able to play a game from Eu3>vicky>Hoi3... 1399>1948. How unbelievably cool would that be.

Johan has already said he has no interest in expanding the EU3 timeline, it would make far more sense for there to be a Vicky 2 XP that brings the start date back to 1822. then, you would be able to play a game from Eu3>vicky>Hoi3... 1399>1948. How unbelievably cool would that be.
Hmp. Why call the game "Victoria" if you're going to extend the timeline before she becomes Queen and keep it going until after she dies...:3 :p That works, if it happens. I don't want to have to get EU2 if I want to play mad epic awesome continuation games.

You could go from 230BC to 1964 in the old generation of games...

Except the part where Rome is New Gen and there's a 1000-year gap between Rome and CK anyway...;-)

Top Bottom