Paradox Interactive games

Anyone else longing for a Crusader Kings 2? I love that game.

I liked the idea behind CK, but it seemed to just become a complicated mess

Every other paradox game has been within my learning curve but that one just threw me

If a version of CK2 comes out I'd like it to cover the whole world though, not just Europe.

1080 - William I's second son marries Princess Mbujujuajuajju of Congo.

Vicky:

Doing a VIP 0.3 game as Wallachia from Romania. Opened relations with the OE and Russia. Then, Hungary declared independence from Austria and I jumped in to get a few provinces. Then, allied with Austria, Russia and the Ottoman Empire. I basically backstabbed the Ottomans with an alliance with Russia and got Bulgaria, then signed peace with them. Then, Austria declared on Russia and I got Odessa, Balta, Kamenec, Tulcin, and Cherson. The invasion soon culminated in the Ottomans reaching Moscow and Austria reaching St. Petersburg. Sardinia-Piedmont occupied Crimea and Britain occupied Estonia and Latvia. I made a chain of events occur of Belarus (modded using the Krakow Trick) and Ukraine becoming Austrian satellites, Austria receiving Congress Poland, Finland and the Union of Baltic Republics becoming free states, the Ottomans receiving all of the Caucasus, the Black Sea coast not taken by me, and the area around Astrakhan. Oh yeah, Russia gets humiliated.

I plan Russia and OE squaring off again for Round 2.

If Russia wins: Its prestige resets, it gets all of its land back except Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan.

If the OE wins again: Russia implodes. Reformists get tired of Russia's terrible army and set up the Republic of Novgorod, which allies with Latvia and Finland to make the Baltic Alliance. The Tsar flees to Moscow, disgusted and driven out of St. Petersburg. The Cossacks flee the Caucasus to the Urals and declare independence as the Cossack Federation. Siberia declares independence because God wants a cheap laugh.

And that is a crappy althist timeline.

EU: Rome expansions:

Empire
Barbarian

Then, we go from CK along.
First of those options is boring, second one would be extremely difficult to implement within the EU3 engine AFAIK...unless they somehow manage to effectively and accurately model vast-scale movement of peoples (EU Rome utterly failed at this too :p).
Reformists get tired of Russia's terrible army and set up the Republic of Novgorod
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nah, it'll be okay 18 months after it's released and Paradox has patched it 14 times and released two expansions.

Like all their other games, except they are all awesome by that point :)

Generaly, I strongly dislike that Paradox (or any other company) games need several patches and expansions, but I'll make an exception for Paradox because I know they will finish off with an awesome game that will be worth my money to buy the Complete edition.

Paradox is a very small company. It's hard for them to find all the bugs, problems, game balanace ect before release because they don't have the resources. As soon as they release a game they get thousands of people playing and telling them everythign thats wroing on the forums, and then they fix it. So as long a syou have a little patience, they are a rather good company in that regard!

Yes well on the flipside we have Creative Assembly, who still can't even finish their latest game before working on the next one!

And indeed they never really completely finished their last ones, the final versions still had problems.

Nobody (should) expect a game to be completely bug-free upon release (except console games, and except for a few bugs which will inherently escape testing and are not major or game-breaking), however NOBODY wants to buy a game at full price and be a ebta tester. Paradox is good at fixing their games up, other companies, not at so much.

I liked the idea behind CK, but it seemed to just become a complicated mess

Every other paradox game has been within my learning curve but that one just threw me

The new EU3 expack sounds a lot like CK's dynasty system.

The new EU3 expack sounds a lot like CK's dynasty system.

I don't think it's gonna be that complex or in depth, but it's still interesting and I'm looking forward to it. Hope it's cheap. Luckily I just bought complete, if I'd bought each game separately at full price I'd be pissed that by this point I'd have spent over $100 on one game.

I also saw the trailer of the Mount & Blade expansion pack, looks like fun.

MULTIPLAYER!!!

Top Bottom