Paradox Interactive games

Should I wait to buy AHD, I've heard on the P'Dox forums that it's somewhat unplayable. So to the people that bought it; should I wait for new patches/for it to be on sale or buy it now?

Should I wait to buy AHD, I've heard on the P'Dox forums that it's somewhat unplayable. So to the people that bought it; should I wait for new patches/for it to be on sale or buy it now?

I thought people were just griping about the Taiping Rebellion. My game as Sardinia-Piedmont unifying Italy is in 1894, and it's working pretty well. I have also played as Persia, managed to westernize around 1890, and it's getting really interesting now (revenge against the Turks!).

What are the big problems they are seeing?

I thought people were just griping about the Taiping Rebellion.

Yeah, there was a pretty big thing about the Taiping Rebellion; Paradox has actually decided to put them in the next patch, and posted a screen.

I've finished a game as Argentina, and the only potential issue I saw was the number of bankruptcies, which seemed rather high but, given that my knowledge of 19th century economics is non-existant, for all I know, this might even be realistic and intended...

Well, Venezuela defaulted during Teddy Roosevelt's presidency, and Mr. Big Stick stepped in to stop Germany from taking their revenge and paid Germany the money. Other then that, I don't know.

I've finished a game as Argentina, and the only potential issue I saw was the number of bankruptcies, which seemed rather high but, given that my knowledge of 19th century economics is non-existant, for all I know, this might even be realistic and intended...

It should be high, especially in Latin America. There were a significant number of defaults or attempted defaults that brought European powers to intervene in the area, seize ports and customs houses, etc. to collect the money owed. It's also not limited to South America--Spain was notorious for defaulting on their debts in the 19th century as well, if I remember this book correctly.

I was shocked when the NGF went bankrupt in my game. But they had been fighting several two-front wars against France and Russia, were mobilized constantly, so in retrospect I'm not surprised they ran into trouble.

Spain has a long history of debt and bankruptcy...

Spain has a long history of debt and bankruptcy...

I know a lot of people have the revanchist "Byzantine fever" in EU3 (and I have poked fun at them on occasion), but I think I like Spain in V2 for similar reasons. It's teetering on the edge of collapse, lost tons of territory, etc. But there is still hope of recovering that lost prestige!

I really wanna buy it soon, but I don't want to buy it then a few days later have it be on sale for like 10 bucks :p

I really wanna buy it soon, but I don't want to buy it then a few days later have it be on sale for like 10 bucks :p

The way I see it: I buy so few games nowadays, I can stomach shelling out on release for a Victoria II expansion, since I love the time period, the setting, and the concepts in the game.

So we've successfully established that Spanish speakers cannot handle money. :p

Where? AHD is way better then vanilla. Still some balancing left to do, but certainly an improvement of the base game.

I don't play Vanilla Vicky, only PDM ;).

Then wait two weeks, I think that's the length of time Naselus and Rylock gave for the release of an AHD-compatible PDM. I doubt the price will change over those two weeks, but you never know.

Can someone explain to me how the new justification for war stuff works, lets say I am france and I want to goto war with algeria at the beginning of the game... should I justify a war and go thru with it if it is discovered or try and justify one w/o discovery?

Can someone explain to me how the new justification for war stuff works, lets say I am france and I want to goto war with algeria at the beginning of the game... should I justify a war and go thru with it if it is discovered or try and justify one w/o discovery?

When you start justifying a war, there is a timer that counts down until you can declare it. If you are discovered, you pay the price in gained infamy, but the counter still ticks down and you can declare at the end. Justifying a war itself costs no infamy, so now it's kind of a gamble and harder to predict. The amount of infamy gained is based on how long is left on the clock, so if I decide to try and justify an establish protectorate (which "costs" 8 infamy), and I'm discovered half-way through, I only gain 4 infamy.

The automatic (infamy-free) CBs don't have to be justified. And if you don't get caught justifying a war, then you don't gain any infamy.

How do you export a world map from Victoria 2? I tried Shift-F12 but it didn't seem to work.

Top Bottom