Passing the Torch

This gave us another great general, who I turned into a great medic.

Nice set Rex. Re your medic ... try the GG only promotion that gives extra movement - very useful for having your medic keep up with those 2 mover tanks. I think it is Morale.

We have Cristo Redentor. So we can cash-rush occasionally and still drop into Police State for war weariness fighting. Unless they've completely nerfed CR. At least we have options! :D

Arathorn
You can only swap civics once per turn (zero anarchy as expected). They fixed the bug where you could swap multiple times per turn.

Re your medic ... try the GG only promotion that gives extra movement - very useful for having your medic keep up with those 2 mover tanks. I think it is Morale.

Yes. You can see in that screenie that he had another promo to take (28/28) and I gave him the extra movement promo. I didn't realize that it was only available to generals though.

Have you alreadey built Mt Rushmore? If no its another -25% modifier if yes then you have the option to up the culture slider you have alot of cash in the bank and are still only running 50%science.
With the ongoing fights and conquering of enemy cities you can fund your research by captures ;)

I do enjoy being able to cash rush airports in conquered cities.

If you capture some workers, couldn't you build a nearby fortress just about as fast to optimize your transportation needs? That would allow you to synergize and deconflict your cash/happiness options. :confused:

I shipped a ton of workers over to the new continent, so we could certainly build fortresses for bombers. (Though we'd have to defend the fortresses.) However, I still like airports for airlifting troops close to the action. Not so big of a deal, but hey, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Units? We have tons. Cities? They have few. Production? We kick serious rear end. Civics? Let's go Police State for war weariness. And Theocracy for xp. And, well, it hardly matters. CHARGE!

The pics tell most of the story.

All burned. Some generated infantry. Some didn't. Not much progress on the Maya front, but Sitting Bull and Frederick are down to one city each. Both will probably fall on the first turn, though SB might last an extra turn.

This one is in the bank. Arkenstone can have fun. We could've won domination a while ago, but conquest takes a bit longer. Nobody's any threat. And we're not that many turns from modern armor either. :D

Arathorn

Attachments

• ptt-cahokia.jpg
    ptt-cahokia.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 273
  • ptt-calakmu.jpg
    ptt-calakmu.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 270
  • ptt-chaco.jpg
    ptt-chaco.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 275
  • ptt-frankfurt.jpg
    ptt-frankfurt.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 306
  • ptt-spiro.jpg
    ptt-spiro.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 276
  • ptt-munich.jpg
    ptt-munich.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 287
  • ptt-snaketown.jpg
    ptt-snaketown.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 266
  • ptt-mound-city.jpg
    ptt-mound-city.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Passing the Torch AD-1915.CivBeyondSwordSave
    437.7 KB · Views: 121
Holy Schnikies! I open the save and all I see is the scar we've left across the eastern continent. Wow.

We do have a ton of troops, but they're scattered. We should probably consolidate into two or three strike groups before seriously taking on Pacal. He's created quite a porcupine for us to crack.

Consolidating our troops will lead to fewer casualties, certainly. But with no foe beyond Pacal, casualties matter only a little. As long as we have the troops to take a city (and not just make the defenders stronger), we can move quite rapidly and let troops heal in place. With ship support coming and air superiority reestablished, time is our only style point left to get. :)

Game is over. 5-10 turns and Pacal should be gone, too. Finesse is no longer really required. We lift the hammer. We smash the nut. That's about it.

Arathorn

hear are our top stories for today first a domination victory pacal I and sitting bull vasalized to Passing the torch so i have a picture to show you

other news for today this is how passing the torch played

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 249
Nicely done, all!

A fun experience for at least one of the fathers! I think/hope everybody learned some things and had a good time. From the blocking of land to the military domination of our continent to the overseas invasion -- it all went well.

Going into arkenstone's final turn would be a fun playset for nearly anyone looking to play with bombers, tanks, and infantry. We have a significant military advantage. Arkenstone took the fast path (victory in the 19-teens, VERY nice!), but the hammer/nut path to conquest would be fun, too.

Thanks all,
Arathorn

Neat-o.

Great game, gents. I'm very happy we did this. Bonus points that Justin now plays his single player games with a purpose and a notion that each decision should be thought through. That really was the whole idea. That, and to have fun.

A win on both fronts.

Top Bottom