1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 1.20 To Be Released Soon [Released 8/1]

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by Padma, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Leopeo

Leopeo Chieftain

The patch for Xbox 360 hasn't been released yet.

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

ahhh, well that certainly explains it. Thanks for the reply! :)

3. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

I received an update monday, around 13:00. No idea which version number, but I think tis would be the second since buying the game for the 360.
    Haven't noticed any difference in play.

4. Leopeo

Leopeo Chieftain

I thought no patch at all had been released yet?

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

Was the update to the 360 version automatic? I have been playing the game every day while logged into Live and there has been no update for me. :confused:

6. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

I don't know whether it was a patch, but it was an update.
    I think, M$ juggles the server address around for games to adjust for sever loads. Which is why so many games seem to receive an update, even though nothing seems to be changed. As games are less played, they move the address to a lower priority server within the great M$ online machine.

As far as I see, the only patch the 360 version should have is the settler growth and militia for gold changes that were applied to Sony(So they match). Of course we know how that went so I'd rather them just leave things as is.

If there ever was a needed change it would be to option disable the adviser and Civ pop ups.
    Not because of annoyance, or it lack of its need on higher levels.
    Because it severely adds to the DVDROM wear and tear. Every time one of these pop up, the laser moves to a different spot to access that data. Poor hardware to software management.
    This stuff kills drives, and is why M$ is finally breaking down and enabling disc to HD Drive writing with the new dash. You'll still need the disc BTW. It ain't cause they love us, it's because they lose money on failure rates, and this is now the leading cause of 360 failure.

One day, I'll learn the art of short posts.

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

I have not been able to confirm if there is a patch released for the 360 version of Rev. Even the front page of CivFanatics mentions the PS3 update, but it mentions nothing about the status or release of the 360 one.

8. Robert Smith

Robert Smith Prince

Is it possible to check the current version?
    I have looked in the credits and the Civilopedia but hasn't found any information about version.

9. shawntown

shawntown Chieftain

reading thru this thread, it sounds like a lot of you (for various reasons) are unhappy with civrev. i am a civ3 player who found a copy of the civrev and a 360 for a real good price on craigslist, and wanted to come on here and read what you guys (NOT the developers or marketers, but the players) were saying about it before i make the purchase. doesn't sound too promising, as i wouldn't be connected to the internet if i bought the console (i pirate an internet signal on my gf's laptop from a salon in the ground floor of my apartment bldg...not even the same computer i play civ3 on! its a mess... :)

but anyway...am i right in assuming then that civrev is great for newcomers but disappointing to civ vets and history buffs? (war hawk ghandi and peaceful alexander??! sounds lame to me)

10. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Perhaps Civ Rev isn't great for history buffs, but I don't find it disappointing for Civ vets, as I consider myself one and I love it.

11. shawntown

shawntown Chieftain

well then let me get a lil more specific...from a civ 3 perspective (since i never played civ 4) what do you vets of 3 like about civrev? what features would you characterize as improvements in the console version?

12. vomitbrown

vomitbrown Chieftain

I downloaded the update. I don't see any difference. In fact, the game froze up during a the first multiplayer match I had after the download.