Patch 7.3x Bugs

Bout the Mazatl,

- I was surprised to face them in a SP game, thought they were player only. But that's OK, they were fun to crush
- One small thing though: is the fact that they leave undestructible trails behind them that cannot be replaced by roads an intended feature ? Sucks a bit.

Arh thanks for clarifying that.

What about the trail issue, then : is mazatl territory supposed to be unroadable forever or am I missing something obvious ?

there was an other item bug i found: the blessed armor of the overlords required temple of kilmorph (instead it should require temple of the overlords)
i fixed this allready in the upcomming items :)

I cant turn grasslands into plains with scorch. Auto terraform doesent seem to do anything. (adept has water 1, sun 1 and my empire is totally covered with grassland, playing as scions I want to turn everything into plains or desert)

did you enable advanced terraforming before you started the game?
did you try to manualy cast scorch?

I didint enable advanced terraforming, I tried to press scorch while the adept was on a grassland tile but its greyed out and cant be cast. The "automatic terraforming" button can be pressed, but nothing happens. (Have no snow or desert tiles so that is probably the reason, since the description says it will automaticly change those)

it is very well possible that you have to enable this option to scorch grasland but i am not sure

Yes, you have to enable advanced terraforming to scorch grassland to plains.

On a slightly different note, I am playing a monarch game as the amurites on tectonics/lakes, standard size, with 12 civs. This leaves everyone with enough space for half a dozen cities or so, plenty of water, but everything connected by land. The problem is, the barbs are too strong. Turn 190 or so, I went into world builder to see how everyone was doing (I had 2 cities, and was struggling to have enough units to be able to expand AND defend all my cities). The results?

With the exception of the clan and the khazid, every civ had at about 3 cities, and of the 11 AI's, 4 had lost at least 1 city to the barbs. The ljosfalter (led by jurla) were the worst case - they used to have an empire of 5 cities... they are now trapped in one, with stacks of goblin archers sitting outside pelting them. Every other civ was fairly well trapped in, with hordes of barbarians and animals sitting on the borders.

Also much to my dismay, the clan, who should have had the best position (after all, they only have to worry about animals), didn't even have any culture generating buildings in its 6 cities. For the other civs, only the khazid actually appeared to be doing good, with a nice little empire of 7 cities, none lost to the barbs (possibly 1 captured from the barbs).

If your goal is to reduce the early game expansion, you certaintly achieved that. However, at the moment at least, it appears that it has been swung too far in the other direction - with some of the civs, I could see signs of stagnation, and great difficulty in keeping up with the invaders...

-Colin

One thing I've noticed was the following:

I was playing as the Clan and I was fighting Sheim (they were lead by their barb leader). After a devestating campaign against them (yay for holy II), I got them down to 2 cities left and each they had a total of 4 archers, 1 adept and probably around 10 workers (not per city but total). The military power number had them at 0.4 compared to me. Now, I did not have a huge army, the war made sure of that, but definetly that power number should have been 6 or higher. This power difference was probably why they refused to make even a blank peace with me (I was overextending myself and my economy was in shambles, so I needed to stop the war long before they were left with 2 cities but they refused at every attempt)

Is the AI working satisfactorily for everyone? It was turn 200 (playing as Scions)and I was handing out mining in exchange for their World maps.

Edit: Actually, the problem is likely with me. I redownloaded the patch to make sure I was as up to date as possible. This caused the main menu shown after the game starts to disappear. A clean reinstall with BTS/Mods/Wild Mana being deleted and the same thing happens. What am I missing here?

I can't cast "export food" in a city while an adventurer is casting "create adventurer guild" in it, pretty annoying. btw, the sound effect for found adventurer guild is a scream of pain... not very fitting :lol:

The new Malakim "desert spread" mechanic, is it supposed to occasionally wipe out roads? I can picture "sandstorm" as the reason, but I wondered if somehow every tile, even ones shifted fully to desert, were somehow "refreshing" themselves, almost self-pillaging when it came to roads. Note I haven't seen any other improvements wiping themselves out in this way, like mines, pastures and the like.

If it is intentional, maybe giving the workers an "invisible in desert" type of power as is seen in RiFE would be helpful. This is to say, you may need automated workers to constantly be fixing broken roads even in the interior of your empire, keeping them hidden from the dangers that dumb automated workers always find themselves in may be helpful... and automation may be the only thing that keeps your trade network from getting "patchy", and losing resources that you may need to be trading to the AI!

Also oddly enough, sometimes cities have a road square under them, sometimes it seems to get wiped out too. I can't tell if this affects road connectivity, often enough I settle on rivers which might help if ANY roads touch the river.

Just a couple little bits, some of which may be fixed by a reinstall, but are included for completeness' sake:
-The stuff that has the new art (priests, malakim adepts, etc.) are showing up as colored blobs.
-Empty TXT_KEY_GOODY_EXPLORE_LAIR_SPAWN_SCORPION_BAD
-Unique features are still spawning on top of resources. :(
-Water well has no icon and I CTD when I select it.

AND HEY FEBRUARY IS ABOUT OVER SO I CAN BE USEFUL AGAIN

Top Bottom