Patch is live

Sigh. Started 2 games and started way too close to another civ. 3rd times a charm I guess.

Zoo: +1 Science to all Rainforest and Marsh tiles in this city. +1 Entertainment amenity for all cities within 6 tiles.
I've got the feeling I'm still going to chop every available jungle tile with magnus way before zoos get unlocked. xD

I'm happy about the CS buff though! Hopefully it works on Deity.

I'm thinking this patch messed up the starting distances between civs again.

"Removed the Flirtatious and Curmudgeon agendas"
I'm glad they have their priorities straight and addressed the more important things wrong in this game. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking this patch messed up the starting distances between civs again.
Don't worry...just use the fixed "alert" status for your units now! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
the patch notes do not look too bad. Always hoping they reduce production costs of units in the late game, and improve the combat AI.

Turn 18 on Deity. First CS is gone. Seriously?

Started my first game, on King, and Tamar was attacking a city state on turn 30, and I saw a message that another city state was defeated. I really wanted to believe that one was fixed... :wallbash:

Don't worry...just use the fixed "alert" status for your units now! :lol:

It's not too bad. It's just I start archipelago maps for a reason. One is they are a new map type, and two I want an island by myself. 5 starts and I have been unable to do it. I gave up trying. My current game I have America on my island, but I can't say they are real close. But 12 tiles is still closer than I like.

I expect to see some dead Yankees soon. I was hoping to avoid the early boost from wiping out a civilization to give myself more challenge, but the map generator just won't give me an island by myself.

edit: just restarted this map as well. I can't seem to get a good archipelago map.

Last edited:
Turn 18 on Deity. First CS is gone. Seriously?

Assuming the AI look at city defense to decide if they will declare war, I expect it to discourage some leaders to DoW but it will still happen, mostly in higher difficulties where the AI start with more units. Doesn't seem like they changed the AI willingness to DoW CS. Ed said in the video that the CSs also got a production bonus to walls, so once the CS is able to build a wall, then the CS massacre will be reduced, in early game I still expect some to fall.

Always happy to see a patch and glad for most of the changes, except I'm annoyed they removed the Curmudgeon and Flirtatious agendas. They were fun to encounter and, despite what at least some people seemed to think on these forums, not difficult to overcome with just a little extra effort.

All those little fluff changes to the balance and yet still no fixes to overflow or a nerf to Magnus...

Yep that was my first thought as well and also not much in the AI department here. This doesn't change much though the CS boost is nice to have.

but where units sometimes don't activate the next turn is still there unfortunately.

What the hell are Firaxis doing to England? Seriously. They've nerfed a civ which was already struggling (and probably made weaker overall with R&F). England's one reliable strategy which made sense was continental domination. Now that England is much weaker at doing this, it is literal garbage tier.

Sometimes Firaxis' actions are baffling.

Top Bottom