Patch is live

What the hell are Firaxis doing to England? Seriously. They've nerfed a civ which was already struggling (and probably made weaker overall with R&F). England's one reliable strategy which made sense was continental domination. Now that England is much weaker at doing this, it is literal garbage tier.

Sometimes Firaxis' actions are baffling.

I am confused too. Victoria's empire was one of the largest in world history, and I would love playing as her, but she's so weak. It's odd they would nerf her even more.

What the hell are Firaxis doing to England? Seriously. They've nerfed a civ which was already struggling (and probably made weaker overall with R&F). England's one reliable strategy which made sense was continental domination. Now that England is much weaker at doing this, it is literal garbage tier.

Sometimes Firaxis' actions are baffling.

My guess is that they couldn't do a proper fix in time and make an exception for free cities, so they had to choose between keeping the exploit into they do a proper fix or remove the ability entirely to fix the exploit. It's possible they will revert the change later.

I wish they opted for something like a check that ensures it only works once per city. IIRC, there is an existing mechanic with such logic. (Or, at least there was with Assyria in Civ V).

2 city states already conquered by turn 120 (on epic speed). This is only a Prince level game with no barbarians.

https://twitter.com/civgame/status/971808288219254784?s=21

GENERAL UPDATES
  • Removed the Flirtatious and Curmudgeon agendas.

And replaced them with....? ....? :sad:

Ranged units garrisoned in a city are now always considered to be in an elevated position if the city has walls or urban defenses.
Nice!

UI UPDATES
  • Historic Moments are now accessible from the End Game Results screen.

I know some people wanted that...but more want a Hall of Fame! :wallbash:

Made sure we displayed the right city details for cities being ceded.

I wonder if this is what we have been waiting for @Victoria ?

City States no longer display "At War" tooltip if we aren't at war.
In my last game Zanzibar has declared war and made peace with me (and my CS's) every turn for the last 10 odd turns. This may be that problem sorted...

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed an issue preventing water Natural Wonders from appearing on Huge maps.
I was actually starting to wonder why I'd never seen the Great Barrier Reef or the Galapagos Islands!

I don't think I understand this one.

It seemed clear to me what was the original now conquered capital (slash through the star). :confused:

I wish they had done something to improve Victor though.

You get Genghis for a neighbour? You take Victor first ;) Well...maybe still second after gaining the OP Magnus chop (now that tells you something!)

not accidental, an oversight in design that has forced a vicky nerf, now I'm proper annoyed. Lets put lots of great civs with porwerful abilities in the game and continually nerf a crappy one like Vicky... friggin muppets just lowered my willingness to play this game.
I mean the unit every flip was stupid but to remove the long lasting ability to get a unit in every conquered city has made her no longer pretty, muppets.
I'll be back next patch

:(:(:(

is anyone still playing a pre-patch game?

Yeah, I'd like to finish mine. It's my first on Emperor for a while, and I'm doing okay lol. Being marathon I'm only half way through, so hopefully it works still!

I am saddened I never got to experience Cleo flirting with me!

You missed out :lol: :p

This is how this patch fixed exploits with conquering free cities:
  • Macedon: can no longer receive boosts from conquering free cities, fair enough
  • England: can no longer get free units from ANY conquered cities, free or not. They just lost one of their main power in domination victory
  • Zulu: can still farm free cities for corps and armies... Even though they are already very strong in domination games... :undecide:

I'm sure a hotfix will take care of it.

...I hope a hotfix will take care of it.

I wish Firaxis actually did hot-fixes with any frequency...

Seriously, if Blizzard can make hotfixes to a much larger game on a daily basis, Firaxis can do the occasional hotfix for major issues.

Firaxis is going to struggle if it can't provide the level of service that has come to be expected by people who play games these day - hell, even PS4 games get hot-fixes and updates far more frequently now...

That seems like a heavy-handed short-term solution. Hopefully, they bring it back, but make it so it doesn't apply to Free Cities or something.

The weird part is the game can obviously support that kind of finessed restriction already - the change to Macedon in this very patch proves it's possible to apply different rules for conquering free cities than normal ones. :confused::shake:

Top Bottom