1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch is live

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Mar 8, 2018.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Maybe they decided that having the clearly superior British Isles civ finally in the game means there's no need to keep pretending there's anything special about England.

:)

cairnsy44, racha, SirWill90 and 8 others like this.
  2. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

I think Vicky's mad now... I DON'T like it when Victoria's mad, Firaxis !!! DO SOMETHING, NOW !

agonistes likes this.
  3. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Frankly, I don't think enough has been done to curb England. I propose that Royal Navy Dockyards can only be built in lakes now!

4. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I am confused too. Victoria's empire was one of the largest in world history, and I would love playing as her, but she's so weak. It's odd they would nerf her even more.

cairnsy44 likes this.
  5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Chieftain

Disappointing indeed.

cairnsy44 likes this.
  6. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

I'm sure a hotfix will take care of it.

...I hope a hotfix will take care of it.

conorbebe, Japper007 and nzcamel like this.
  7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That seems like a heavy-handed short-term solution. Hopefully, they bring it back, but make it so it doesn't apply to Free Cities or something.

cairnsy44, CivLuvah, bbbt and 2 others like this.
  8. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

My guess is that they couldn't do a proper fix in time and make an exception for free cities, so they had to choose between keeping the exploit into they do a proper fix or remove the ability entirely to fix the exploit. It's possible they will revert the change later.

acluewithout and bonafide11 like this.
  9. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

I am saddened I never got to experience Cleo flirting with me!

At least they didn't mess with my Legions!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2018
  10. katanaD

katanaD Chieftain

has this patch broken many mods?

11. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I wish they opted for something like a check that ensures it only works once per city. IIRC, there is an existing mechanic with such logic. (Or, at least there was with Assyria in Civ V).

12. Japper007

Japper007 Chieftain

My personal record is 14, so that's about the level I expect Diety to be up to by now after all these patches, good to see they improved it's performance:goodjob:

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

2 city states already conquered by turn 120 (on epic speed). This is only a Prince level game with no barbarians.

14. Kwami

Kwami Chieftain

I'm glad that Creepy and Sexist were removed!

15. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

And replaced them with....? ....? :sad:

Nice!

I know some people wanted that...but more want a Hall of Fame! :wallbash:

I wonder if this is what we have been waiting for @Victoria ?

In my last game Zanzibar has declared war and made peace with me (and my CS's) every turn for the last 10 odd turns. This may be that problem sorted...

I was actually starting to wonder why I'd never seen the Great Barrier Reef or the Galapagos Islands!

It seemed clear to me what was the original now conquered capital (slash through the star). :confused:

You get Genghis for a neighbour? You take Victor first ;) Well...maybe still second after gaining the OP Magnus chop (now that tells you something!)

:(:(:(

Yeah, I'd like to finish mine. It's my first on Emperor for a while, and I'm doing okay lol. Being marathon I'm only half way through, so hopefully it works still!

You missed out :lol: :p

MrRadar likes this.
  16. gozon

gozon Chieftain

This is how this patch fixed exploits with conquering free cities:
    • Macedon: can no longer receive boosts from conquering free cities, fair enough
    • England: can no longer get free units from ANY conquered cities, free or not. They just lost one of their main power in domination victory
    • Zulu: can still farm free cities for corps and armies... Even though they are already very strong in domination games... :undecide:

17. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Darn! Should have gotten these while bugged, now I'll have to do them properly. :p

Ozymandias9891 likes this.
  18. DrJambo

DrJambo Crash-test dummy

CAN WE NOT HAVE AN AI BUILDING AND USING AIRFORCES FIX PLEASE FIRAXiS? oops caps..

My god how hard can it be...?! I've been on these forums for many a year and this is the most irate I've been. Some of the fixes they've applied resource to in this fix log are simply trivial by comparison. :(

19. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Chieftain

I wish Firaxis actually did hot-fixes with any frequency...

Seriously, if Blizzard can make hotfixes to a much larger game on a daily basis, Firaxis can do the occasional hotfix for major issues.

Firaxis is going to struggle if it can't provide the level of service that has come to be expected by people who play games these day - hell, even PS4 games get hot-fixes and updates far more frequently now...

WorldWarIV, Japper007 and conorbebe like this.
  20. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

The weird part is the game can obviously support that kind of finessed restriction already - the change to Macedon in this very patch proves it's possible to apply different rules for conquering free cities than normal ones. :confused::shake: