Patch is on hold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
oldStatesman said:
Be nice...I don't want to be accused of whining! ;) :lol:
you whinner.... :lol:

Oh, that was so much fun.

It must had been the fastest thread ever in CFC history. And i followed it all the way round :D

Thanks Firaxis to keep us entertained :goodjob:

WarX said:
What excuses will the die-hard defenders of Firaxis come up with now? heh
Firaxis had nothing to do with letting a bug slip through...T2 Q&A handles testing...they would be the ones who gave their okay. The Devs would not know of any issues hence could not ifx them unless Q&A caught it.

First they need to patch the game, now they need to patch the patch.

pindicator said:
They need to put an announcement on the main page so people don't go thinking they can download the patch.
It looks like Civrules put in an [EDIT] tag, but it's not very visable.

Maybe other color or bold it Civrules?

Urederra said:
you whinner.... :lol:

Oh, that was so much fun.

It must had been the fastest thread ever in CFC history. And i followed it all the way round :D

Thanks Firaxis to keep us entertained :goodjob:
I was totally shocked when I saw it came out tonite...I thought for sure it would come out next week after the Thanksgiving Holiday (Thursday & Friday) here in the US. Especially since I saw Soren and Sid would be out of the country.

I figured next Wednesday, to give Q&A a bit more time next week without the pressure of getting it done before the holiday.

They don't need Sid and Soren to make a patch. They probably need Soren to sign off on conceptual changes and the like (eg horses and animal husbandary), but it's not like those two would actually be the ones resolving hardware issues and testing for stability.

for the tech goody hut bug, I checked and i finally understood that i get the tech but the tech window that normally appear doesn't, and that's the same with tech i research!!! i just didn"t notice cause it is that i generally close quickly...

for the patch uninstallation
well, i checked twice

this is what i have:

Attachments

• patch removing.JPG
    patch removing.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 1,089
I do not understand...
I am probably one of the few that got the patch via the update button, and it works perfectly for me...
I even got different stuff form goodhut including techs, maps, money etc.
So what the hell is wrong with the patch? I solely believe that due to a load of people dling the patch, CivIV server was overwhelmed and crashed. Since they dont want that to happen, theyll wait till they upload it to civiv.com...
Any other suggestions?
If none, I will go back to my game which is much more faster than it was before... And I have a P4 2.6 512 MB RAM with GeForce 4 MX 440 Card...
:goodjob: Happy civing

I was one of the unlucky one who download the patch. The first thing it did was CTD. I never had it to ctd with my new pc before. Also you know that a patch isn't ready when you look in the options menu and see something like this:
TXT_KEY_OPTIONS_SCREEN_TEXTURE_QUALITY_LEVEL.

the PATCH_QUALITY_LEVEL must have been set on VERY LOW

you know a patch is in trouble when you can find a bug less than 5 seconds.
also the worldbuilder doesn't work

Do u think , can I go on about 1800 AD's later..(ıt was being toooo slowww)

I didn't download patch yet.

It was being very nervous after 1800AD's years .. Beceause of that I had stopped playing and waiting for patch.

Now It's the question...

OzzyAlyanak said:
I do not understand...
I am probably one of the few that got the patch via the update button, and it works perfectly for me...
I even got different stuff form goodhut including techs, maps, money etc.
So what the hell is wrong with the patch? I solely believe that due to a load of people dling the patch, CivIV server was overwhelmed and crashed. Since they dont want that to happen, theyll wait till they upload it to civiv.com...
Any other suggestions?
If none, I will go back to my game which is much more faster than it was before... And I have a P4 2.6 512 MB RAM with GeForce 4 MX 440 Card...
:goodjob: Happy civing
Try the WorldBuilder...the patch breaks that.

Ozzy, I have not noticed any patch problems yet myself... I've played very little, just to see that my saved game was working, played a few turns there. I've just taken people at their world for the WorldBuilder and Goodie Hut pops; I'm going to check those now

Thank you QiZhe I read the entire article when it was like page four or something which is when I posted and later discovered I was on frickin page 7or 8 when I hit Post Quick Reply which is amazing how fast this thing has grown in like half a day so I did not know it was put on hold.

Edit: Cr*p it happened again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom