Patch update on the Firaxis livestream

Well I will have to go to sleep now... :(
And when free weekend will happen again so I will consider this?

I bet my 0.72€ Steam Wallet that trade routes and Artifacts will have something to do with it!

Don't leave me hanging!

11am pst of what date? Although we're used to people thinking the whole world runs on the same date, I'd appreciate announcements like this be more specific. :3
It's 50 minutes from now if I'm not totally mistaken. (Won't bet anything on that information though. :p)

Ok thanks.

I wish people would just use GMT/UTC+n instead of time zone names. :(

Woops. Well anything really, as long as it's easily something people remember. I know I live in GMT+8 but I just keep forgetting where PST/PDT is. orz

Well, wherever you live, just copy-pasting a date + timezone into google should automatically give you the actual time in your timezone as long as you're not sitting behind a proxy.

Spoils of war is in!!!!!! New screen will let you spend your war score differential to customize a peace term with techs, cities or yields.

YES!!!

Great job, guys, our ideas have been implemented!

Also, new covert options which (I think) you spend diplomatic capital on to gain strategic resources. It's called Black Market. (Will be a pretty neat feature once strategic resource totals are balanced on the map and within gameplay features which create more.)

Also, trade units are all amphibious now and are that way from the start, no tech required. I think they mentioned something about the Thermohaline Rudder being placed in that tech now.

EDIT: Note: they mentioned the numbers displayed in the image above are still being balanced. Also, I could be wrong, but it looks like energy and DC will be subtracted from the enemy's total, not just generated out of thin air. In the image above, each energy costs 2 remainder war points and DC costs 3 for each 1. The tech costs roughly equate to 1 science for every 1 war point you have over the enemy's total -- a much better "purchase".

Perhaps it'll be switched before release, so that you get more with your points if you buy energy or DC, but if you want techs it'll cost you a lot more. Comparing yields, I would value energy at no more than half of science -- actually, even less. Though, it should also be taken into consideration that with this energy and DC, you're not only gaining it, you're taking it away and hurting your enemy even further. With tech, you're just gaining it (which you'll use to hurt them later, haha... but the same could be said for yields generated out of thin air.)

EDIT 2: Also, I bet you're buying the science to put towards the tech, not just the tech as a whole. In the image, the two more expensive techs will cost all 740 war points. It probably has to be this way too since later on, it'll allow skirmishes to still gain portions of tech when the costs are really high. The list will probably be limited to techs they've completed which you have not.

That is a pretty huge rework in just 3 weeks. All in all, really excited for this. Would love to hear about specific balance changes in the future though.

Top Bottom