Paved Roads

Hadrean

Hi, how are you?
Hi :wavey:
I have seen a lot of mods which are based on the modern world, MaxRigaMod, XX Century just to name a few that I have played and the thing that always bothered me was that they use the dirt roads which I don't think is right. so here I have made new paved roads. Please post your opinions about the New roads are they perfect? are they too bright? are they too dark?

Put the file into: My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\terrain\routes\roads.
Or if you want to put it into your mod,Civilization 4/mods/[mod name]/assets/art/terrain/routes/roads if you do not have that folder in your mod, make it.

Download at bottom of post

Here are screenshots of the Concrete highway style road:
Zoomed in:

Zoomed Out:

The asphalt road:
Zoomed in:

Zoomed Out:

Feel free to use these in your mod(s) and all i ask for is credit for these
Download Below

Attachments

• ConcreteRoad.zip
    766 bytes · Views: 667
  • AsphaltRoad.zip
    361 bytes · Views: 644
Those look very nice! It's surprising that Firaxis didn't do this themselves.

Now if one of the Python/SDK gurus could figure out a way to change road's appearance based on era that would be the icing on the cake. :goodjob:

Rabbit said:
Now if one of the Python/SDK gurus could figure out a way to change road's appearance based on era that would be the icing on the cake. :goodjob:

Yea but that could take a while.
I am thinking about re-doing the concrete road.:undecide: :rolleyes:

Hey Hadrean did u ever think of making bricks road:goodjob: and i love the asphalt road by the way

Hey Hadrean did u ever think of making bricks road since that we have in town along time ago. i figured it would look cool if we had bricks has roads now if i was any good in art i would try but i suck at it

What would be really neat would be if roads started out looking like asphalt and then evolved into concrete depending on how long they had been around. Even better, what if they cost maintenance and you could skimp on it and, oh that's sim city, never mind.

Hadrean said:
the cobblestone road will not work :( because the road is so small and the texture just won't show up.
Well you could probably increase the size of the textures, but that of course will have impact on performance, especially with something as commonplace as roads.

before I finish making roads I am making bridges for the roads then I will move on and make some more little things for mods to make them look a little better.

Rabbit said:

I'm not positive, but this might be possible with the xml. I think I saw something similiar to this the other day - I'll take a look.

Top Bottom