PDF: Civ4 BtS reference sheet

I looked at the hotkeys you posted. Some of them that I bolded are already in the guide.

• Scrolling through units with the MW (mouse wheel) requires Ctrl to be held; I don't think city cycling is possible with the MW.
• The flying camera toggle requires Alt to be held in addition to Ctrl (alternative: Ctrl+Backslash). Shift+Alt+F freezes the camera angle while flying.
• Alt+F1: Free Colonies
• Shift+D: Contact player (menu popup)
• Ctrl+PrtScreen: Hi-res screenshot (TGA format, uses two times the screen resolution it seems)
• Shift+PrtScreen: Enter file name for screenshot
• Alt+U: Toggle unit display ("Toggle flag units" to use the same lingo as for Ctrl+R. Oh, and typo: "resorces".)
• I: Intercept aircraft
• H: Heal
• Ctrl+H: Select injured units
• Shift+Ctrl+H: Hall of Fame screen
• MMB (middle mouse button) centers the camera on the currently selected unit or city. C will also center on either a selected city or unit (says only "center on unit").
• Alt+C: Select all units in tile
• NUM5 is an alias for C (with and without modifier keys), but, unlike C, cycles to the next unit when the camera is already centered.
• Shift+P: Blockade/ Plunder
• On vassal's name (scoreboard): Alt+LMB – Demand vassal tribute
• Shift+LMB on tile: Context menu (unless right-click menu enabled)
• Shift+LMB on unit order: Add to the end of the queue
• Num0: Skip unit's turn (unlike Space, this can't end the player's turn)
• Numpad+/- is an alternative for city cycling, Numpad star and slash for unit cycling. Numpad period for Fortify.

I'll add Ctrl + H, Ctrl + PrtScr and Alt + PrtScr as these seem very useful. Other functions that can be done in one or more other ways aren't that important to include. As you said this page itself is already very cluttered. I also fixed the "resorces" typo.

Here is the link to the updated version with the most recent fixes. Thank you @f1rpo !! :)

Download

This update fixes a couple of small issues from the version 6 release 3 days ago. The fixes are mostly a few small changes in XML in patches 3.17 and 3.19 that f1rpo pointed out to me that I originally missed. They concern units stats and promotions. I also added a few more hotkeys here.

This is now version 7!

Version 7 Change Log

Spoiler :

• updated civics: fixed description of Pacifism to +1 gold per military unit (was +1 commerce)

• updated promotions: removed Barrage promotions for Armored units

• updated promotions: removed Combat promotions for Siege units

• updated promotions and promotion tree: added Drill II as an alt. req. for Ambush

• updated promotions and promotion tree: added Drill I is an alt. req. for Medic I

• updated units: added 5 allowed for all Corporate Executives

• updated units: changed Cuirassier, Conquistador, Cavalry, Cossack to flank Catapult and Trebuchet (in addition to Cannon)

• updated units: Removed +50% attack against Trebuchet from Horse Archer, Keshik and Numidian Cavalry

• updated units: changed gunship to flank Cannon in addition to Artillery and Mobile Artillery

• updated units: changed Stealth Destroyer to 2 first strikes but no interception chance and no bombard rate; it costs 220, not 250.

• updated units: changed Attack Submarine to cost 200, not 180.

• updated units: changed Airship to no anti-naval bonus

• updated the unit upgrade tree: Destroyer cannot be upgraded to Stealth Destroyer or Missile Cruiser

• Updated hotkeys: added Ctrl + H (select all injured units), Ctrl + Prt Scr (hi-res screenshot) and Alt + Prt Scr (screenshot with name)

• Updated hotkeys: fixed a typo; resources (was resorces)

Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide the little flags that stand next to units?

Just came across another error in the guide: The SDI project costs 1000 production, not 1500. (It had cost 500 in the game's early days, but I don't think 1500 was ever correct.)

Just came across another error in the guide: The SDI project costs 1000 production, not 1500. (It had cost 500 in the game's early days, but I don't think 1500 was ever correct.)

I will update that. There was also one small typo under Civics. Economy instead of Economics.

Another small correction (in case that this guide will get updated again in good time), based on a recent thread: Oil is missing as an alternative requirement for the Railroad worker build, and Iron is in fact no longer required.
[...] The reference guide pdf that I got from this site states that RAILROAD requires "railroad, coal, iron" but the FANDOM wiki claims it requires railroad and "coal or oil." [...]
It's either coal or oil. Iron is not required. I just checked with the XML files.

Top Bottom