Penguin Units Possible?

lamppost4

Holder of the Light
I posted this in the unit requests a while ago and I think anyone took it seriously so here it is again.
Is it possible for anyone to make a penguin unit? I think that that would be really cool to have a penguin civilization!

Well, penguins carve an empire in antartica:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are they gonna do? Waddle around and get cooked by hunters?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Their special unit: King penguin
special ability: To swim, cannot attack, only defend.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Special building: Penguin fit(replaces monument) + 1 culture, no happiness, fish will just spawn.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Special worker: Worker penguin(can develop oceans not coasts, cannot develop land):lol: :lol: :lol:

Having a penguin CIV is funny!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

You could give them the ability to walk on ice features as well, maybe allow them to work a fishing ground? For fun, add a flying specimen.

Before I can give them special abilities and such, I need to know whether anyone is able to make them for me.

Upon discovery of Computers the Penguins could then research the technology of "Linux". ;)

I the waddle walk would be great and maybe a swimming version if possible. Thank you.

I've got a good start on the resource penguins.

Does anyone know how to animate a resource?

I've got a higher poly model I'm working on for for the units.

That is pretty awesome. Maybe for an attack the penguins could hit with their flippers and/or throw snowballs. :goodjob: :snowlaugh:

So how are things coming along? Any progress on the units?

Penguins.....

Well, I've always thought of them as Barbarian Animals :)) ), but I guess this would be a bit more pleasing to the public.

Hey, I got an idea! Mumble as the leader for the Penguins! :) ;) :D :lol:

I didn't forget about these guys, I've just been sick the past couple of days...

These are kind of rough, but they'll give you something to play with.

Nifs and the max file are here. Theres no sounds as of yet, and there are a few problems... I made it a little big, so I have it fscaled at 0.16 here... you might want to go a little smaller. Also, the slide attack looks more like a bellyflop... I'll work on that, and do up some more attacks, and I can do more skins as well. I'm stuck with the resource penguins until I learn more about how resources work.

I too think these would be best as barbarian units, but what you do with them is up to you. :)

Dom Pedro, what animals did you want? I can add a few things to my to do list. I might not be able to get to them right away, but I could alway take a look.

Is there a flipper slap attack too? :p

They bellyflop attack sounds pretty cool actually. Nice work.

Looks Awesome! I was thinking about making a penguin civ with like special rules for it in a mod but thats a lot of work so it might take a while.

Top Bottom