PerfectWorld3

so this is compatable with gods and kings? should pick up all the new resources added to the expansion? i want to make sure cuz i want to start a marathon game using this map, but don't want to quit half way knowing that some of the new resources are missing.

so this is compatable with gods and kings? should pick up all the new resources added to the expansion? i want to make sure cuz i want to start a marathon game using this map, but don't want to quit half way knowing that some of the new resources are missing.

Lol you said the same thing in the infoaddict thread.

And yes, this works suprisingly well with G@K, the new resources are placed realistically somehow.

This mod is great.
And actually, I'm currently building a world for my fiction. Beside creating empty template of continents, I have difficulties in placing mountain range, rivers, resources and terrain features. So I would like what this generate on its own map, generated on my map. Can anybody help me with that?

If anyone has any variations of the PerfectWorld Map Script cephalo has given me permission to upload a pack of community-made PerfectWorld Maps - So far we have Flat Continents, Flat Pangaea, Flat Archipelago, Continents and Archipelago

where's continents and archipelago? I've only found Gewars' flat variants. or are you building these yourself?

I'm also building a flat version (with selectable land percentage) for use with my mod, but should be also usable for normal game. It still needs some adjustments, and currently I'm working on other things, but I'll let you know when it's ready.

Lol you said the same thing in the infoaddict thread.

And yes, this works suprisingly well with G@K, the new resources are placed realistically somehow.

My understanding was that PW3 never tinkered with resources because it's just plain too obfuscated/dangerous. Thus, it's not really a surprise that the resources are handled well; it just calls into the game's normal resource generation algorithm, which has been updated.

I'd imagine nearly any map script that doesn't alter resource generation would work the same.

If there anywhere that I can download this, since the mod database has been switched to steam?

First of all, liking this mod.

Second of all ... it almost let Boudicca kill me! (I jest, I slapped her silly, but she totally flanked me when I thought I couldn't be flanked.) Anyway, I've posted screenshots of how this mod decieved my eyes with false mountains/hills (Silly cows, you don't like mountains)

Spoiler :

@SkywalterDBZ That's a bug that's been pestering the perfectworld3 map forever.

I've looked at the script yesterday (just open the lua file in a text editor) and according to the comments of the author he lets the script create a world first after which some adjustments are put in.
Like where there should be some climate borders, "the borders of tundra and ice regions are hills as this looks a bit more believable".
This is just an example of course but I think something like that is causing the bug.

Also, I've been using this script in the vanilla game and there this script was used for creating all the maps, not just the perfectworld3 map.
So why is it that after installing GaK this script is only used for the perfectworld3 map?

@SkywalterDBZ That's a bug that's been pestering the perfectworld3 map forever.

I've looked at the script yesterday (just open the lua file in a text editor) and according to the comments of the author he lets the script create a world first after which some adjustments are put in.
Like where there should be some climate borders, "the borders of tundra and ice regions are hills as this looks a bit more believable".
This is just an example of course but I think something like that is causing the bug.

Also, I've been using this script in the vanilla game and there this script was used for creating all the maps, not just the perfectworld3 map.
So why is it that after installing GaK this script is only used for the perfectworld3 map?

So the map determines the graphics on generation? One would think that they load the appropriate tiles based on a file specifying their type, which is why this confused me. If a tile were typed "Forest, Grassland" one would think it would only be able to pick a "Forest, Grassland" image when the map loaded up. By extention, if one were to somehow externally edit the "Forest, Grassland" tile to "Hill, Tundra" then reopen the map, that the "Hill, Tundra graphic would then load.

Oh well, no big ... I managed to screw that map up with a different mod so I'm on a new map where I don't see those errors.

Its clear that the graphics overlap yet the properties of these tiles are corresponding to the graphics which are at the bottom of the overlap.
It has also occurred to me that a lot of these overlaps happen right where this fold or line is in the map.
What I'm not certain of is if this is a Civ V bug or if this bug is caused by PW.

Wait, so is this just a script, or are all the terrain features redone?

It looks a lot more varied and better looking graphically then any map i've seen, and I can run BF3 on ultra.

Also, I am correct in getting that the game changes the appearance of the terrain based on what continent a piece of land is assigned as out of the OP?

I've noticed that in some games forests are orange, some green, in some plains are a pale green, in some a olive. Is that what you meant?

If so, can it be modded to change not based on the arbitrary continent, but based on the surroundings? Not just for your mod, but the offcial map scripts, too.

I 'd love to play this map in multiplayer with some friends. Is there a multiplayer ready version of this map?
I tried Jaii der Herr's fix but that doesn't seem to enable multiplayer by itself. Anything else I need to do?

All you need to do is go into the lua file with notepad, ctrl+f, type multiplayer, then set the value to true instead of false. Then give everyone the same file for your game and it runs. Also this map seems to overdo it with the mountainous tiles.

Got an error message saying we're not using the same DLC, but we checked and we had the same DLC enabled.

All you need to do is go into the lua file with notepad, ctrl+f, type multiplayer, then set the value to true instead of false. Then give everyone the same file for your game and it runs. Also this map seems to overdo it with the mountainous tiles.
It doesn't work properly this way; I already brought this up to Cephalo but he seems to have vanished with the project unfinished. The current method uses your CPU clock to generate a random seed for the map; problem is, everyone's computer pulls a different number and you all end up in different games when the engine realizes you're not on the same planet.

I came up with a fix that works well enough; you just need to go into the file and replace this (actually, I modified this a bit from the original - might not look the same as this... shouldn't be too hard to figure out, though):
seed = os.time()
seed = (((Map.Rand(10000, "Generating PWRandSeed 1/3") * 10000) + Map.Rand(10000, "Generating PWRandSeed 2/3")) * 10000) + Map.Rand(10000, "Generating PWRandSeed 3/3")

With this:
seed = ((Map.Rand(99999999, "")) * (Map.Rand(99999999, "")))

I'm really not sure why he felt the need to pull the clock time in the first place, actually. *shrug*

Top Bottom