Resource icon

PerfectWorld6 7

looks quite good to me at least...
20181019002639_1.jpg

plus i think having more cliffs look good in general

Released a new version. I came to the conclusion that I had to cut back on all the green. Not an easy decision as I like to frolic in lush, green forests with unicorns and rainbows, but it just wasn't cutting it for Civ6. I bumped up the amount of hills, made jungle into all plains underneath, and made more plains in general. Production is really the wellspring of everything else in Civ6, gotta have at least some of it everywhere.

Are there any parameters I can alter to reduce the amount of 1-hex length rivers? Like, to force them to become longer or something.

Is that a waterfall? Can you take a shot from the other angle?

i already left that game because i got conquered lol, but it wasn't a waterfall no. i took a screenshots of similar formations though.

cliff1.jpg
cliff2.jpg
cliff3.jpg

even though it's not waterfalls, it's still quite pleasing to my eye and i'm not noticing any bad side-effects of enabling this, so I think I will keep it this way

Are there any parameters I can alter to reduce the amount of 1-hex length rivers? Like, to force them to become longer or something.

This is something I have struggled with since Civ5. The problem is that by the rules, there is a river there. Once a river has gathered enough water, relative to other river junctions, it becomes a river. It doesn't actually know how long it is during this process. It would have to backtrack and decide what to do according to previous behavior. I can try to find a solution but it won't be easy.

even though it's not waterfalls, it's still quite pleasing to my eye and i'm not noticing any bad side-effects of enabling this, so I think I will keep it this way

That looks fine to me. Maybe I should put that in next version.

That looks fine to me. Maybe I should put that in next version.

cool! all i did was comment out:

--if(IsAdjacentToRiver(iX, iY) == false) then

and the "end" it was connected to. i'm sure you know how to do it but im just saying. anyway thanks for the great map i love it

This is something I have struggled with since Civ5. The problem is that by the rules, there is a river there. Once a river has gathered enough water, relative to other river junctions, it becomes a river. It doesn't actually know how long it is during this process. It would have to backtrack and decide what to do according to previous behavior. I can try to find a solution but it won't be easy.

Sounds like a ton of hassle. It's really not a big deal, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. The one-tile rivers can actually look pretty cool when they're interspersed with other rivers. Thanks for answering.

EDIT: and yeah those river/cliff shots look nice actually. nice find!

Now just imagine if those were waterfall and if the engine supported cliffs on land...

@firaxis: forget all civs and new features you were planning for the next expansion, just give us the above !

quick question:

for mconst.mountainsPercent = higher is fewer mountains right?
for mconst.plainsPercent = higher is more plains right?

quick question:

for mconst.mountainsPercent = higher is fewer mountains right?
for mconst.plainsPercent = higher is more plains right?

Yes I believe so. Keep in mind I recently tweaked the plains percentage to be higher. Test the new version before committing to a new setting.

Got to play an awesome game of civ this weekend, haven't finished it yet but check out the progress. Had a nice, big new world and everyone rushed to grab a piece of it. I'm playing as Queen Seondeok, mainly because it was a great TV series. I highly recommend it. Korean TV is awesome in general but that one is one of the best. Here I am liberating Hong Kong for a nice pile of cash. I recently put up a satellite, and found a new mini continent that nobody discovered! It all adds up to a perfect game of Civ. I had a hard time getting into Civ6 because it was a bit too heavy for me, but its starting to grow on me!

20181021220044_1.jpg

I'm getting a few people reporting crashes when continuing a game using this map. This game puts out a ton of logs, which log would likely have relevant information as to the cause?

Crashes to desktop are typically hard to diagnose for civ 6. The Lua log may have clues but it's unlikely.

For what it's worth I am playing on my custom big map sizes and not experiencing any crashes whatsoever (and I'm using over 50 other mods)

Last edited:
Got to play an awesome game of civ this weekend, haven't finished it yet but check out the progress. Had a nice, big new world and everyone rushed to grab a piece of it. I'm playing as Queen Seondeok, mainly because it was a great TV series. I highly recommend it. Korean TV is awesome in general but that one is one of the best. Here I am liberating Hong Kong for a nice pile of cash. I recently put up a satellite, and found a new mini continent that nobody discovered! It all adds up to a perfect game of Civ. I had a hard time getting into Civ6 because it was a bit too heavy for me, but its starting to grow on me!

View attachment 506454

awesome looking map. PW6 really revived Civ 6 for me and I am sure many others.

also as pokiehl has said i have not had any crashing at all. i'm on my second full game with PW6, performance is great

I think I spoke too soon :blush: I'm getting crashes-to-desktop now.

They happen in-game and upon reloading. It's not 100% 'broken' - I can load an autosave the turn before and try to do something different, or take it slower, and it will usually be OK. But the crashes are becoming more frequent.

I'm using my Gigantic map size and I'm on turn 200+. I went through literally every single log after the crashes and couldn't find anything at all.

My mod load-out, while extensive, is what I've always used with few to no problems.

My computer is pretty good - I have an i7 CPU, GTX 1070, SSD, etc.

I know you've been thinking it may be map size since you increase the grid by 15%, but I haven't had crashes playing with larger custom map sizes (without PW). I am totally perplexed here.

If you can load the turn before it, then it's not the map itself, it's the game trying to do something with the map that it wasn't designed for. What could that be? Something is happening, mid game, that is not being saved properly.

If you do the same exact thing on your turn, does it keep crashing? Can you replicate the crash with your own choices?

It is VERY finicky. Here's what happened just now:

1. I load up an auto-save. It crashes before "Please Wait" becomes my turn because I clicked once.
2. I load up the auto-save. I make sure not to click anything til "Please Wait" is over. It prompts to claim a great person. I click it - crash.
3. I load up the auto-save. I accidentally left-click on the loading screen. Crash.

Top Bottom