Performance for those who play in Boot Camp

Are you guys finding it better on Bootcamp than Mac native?

Are you guys finding it better on Bootcamp than Mac native?

Absolutely! On a Core i7 Macbook Pro with the 330M..I have it at 1440X900 with all settings on medium except Textures and Leaders (both of which are high), and Unit Shadows and Terrain Shadows off. I also am running 2X AA and 4X AF both of which are done through the Nvidia Control panel.

Smooth even in the late game for a normal size world...have not tried anything bigger yet, but really smooth for the most part......

The Mac version of Civ 5.....ughhhhhh.....I have it at 1440X900 and everything on LOW (And yes I have the Nvidia Card enabled) and it is pretty jerky when scrolling the map. Unit animations are smooth most of the time. but when moving around the map it is really distracting.......after turn 100 or so it starts to bog down...... :cry:

Yes, much better in Bootcamp. I picked up a new 27" iMac 2.93 GHz i7 Quad-core w/16GB RAM & ATI 5750 which you would think could run the Mac Civ V fine, but it doesn't. I get red specks early on and then later red & white checkerboard effects on the Mac side. Forget running a huge earth game.

Running in Bootcamp with Win7 64bit w/DX11 I've been up to 400+ turns on a standard map with no problems. It still bogs down on a huge earth in the later game. I run it at the highest resolution and screen size. On the Mac side, the sides are cut off and grayed out. There's some work that needs to be done to bring it to par.

Top Bottom