Phoenatican Daily Tribune: SPECIAL 1st EDITION: July 30, 1780 A.D.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Phoenatican Daily Tribune

July 30, 1790 A.D.
Special 1st Edition

Welcome to the First Edition of the Phoenatican Daily Tribune
by Octavian X
of the Phoenatican Daily Tribune

Here it is. The very first edition of our newest newspaper, the Phoenatican Daily Tribune. I created this publication for the sole purpose of informing the citizenry of our great nation. Future editions will contain up-to-date stories of the happenings of Phoenatica, interviews, regular columns on various subjects by various peoples, an opinions page, and maybe even some comics!

Before looking into the future, I want to look into the present. I'm looking for regular reporters, columnists, and maybe artists for comics. I will also accept aritcles on various game subjects and advertisements. If you would like to submit something to me for something like this, please send it to me via PM. Don't be afraid to do this!

One more thing. Despite the name, this paper will only be published once a week, on Friday.

Interviews with Falcon02, Chieftess, and CivGeneral
by Octavian X
of the Phoenatican Daily Tribune

You may be wondering why this is a special edition. I recently interview Falcon02, Chieftess, and CivGeneral. I wanted to post them while current.

NOTE: All four of us where in a chatroom at the same time, so sometimes someone else asked the questions.

Falcon02’s interview

Octavian X: Ok, General, How long have you been Phoenatica's Five Star General?
Falcon02: Since Term 2. I was brought up under General Charis' great leadership.
Octavian X: What have you accomplished since?
Falcon02: Hmm... I have to remember at which point in the Domino war I became Military Leader for that one. I think it was when the American Campaign was coming to an end and we were getting ready the Egyptian Campaign.
Chieftess: That's around where Term 2 started, and term1 ended. Close to it, since I came when we were just starting to attack the Egyptians.
Falcon02: So I've nearly tripled or quadrupled the size of Phoenatica (with the great support of the people).
Octavian X: What would you consider the greatest point of your service to Phoenatica?
Falcon02: Umm... that's a tough one.
Chieftess: There's the 2 domino wars, Aztecs, Greeks, Iroquois wars.. Aztecs was the smallest of them.
Falcon02: I'd have to say making us the most efficient and largest military force in the world so if anyone attacks us, they regret their stupidity. But a lot of that also goes to the Governors. I've never really had to override build queues or even rush units. It's all been conventional construction for us.
Chieftess: Justinian... We rushed once, I think when it was attacked. We rushed a wall, too.
Octavian X: What do you plan for term five?
Falcon02: I plan to make sure our defensive forces remain adequate and become enlarged, but allow most of the production go towards achieving our goal of victory.
Octavian X: In all likeliness, a new game will begin during term five. You may get to name a city. What would you name it?
Falcon02: Good Old "Falcon's Haven." It always has and always will have a special place in my heart from long HOURS of building and refining "Falcon's Haven" in SimCity Classic, SimCity 2000, SimCity 3000, and likely in a year or so SimCity 4 too. It gives me great pride to see Apollo build in New Falcon's Haven during tonight's game
Octavian X: Do you plan on running for Military Leader in the next term?
Falcon02: This will be my last term in the government, at least until October. I'm going on to college and don't want my governmental duties to interfere, if I can't handle both at the same time. I will continue as a Citizen. By October I should have a good feel for my free time and may run for reelection
Octavian X: Any closing thoughts?
Falcon02: It's been great fun, and it gives me great pride to be such a big part of the CFC Civ III Demogame. Even if my Brother thinks I'm "way too obsessed with Civ III" ;) And my Mom tends to tell me "Don't you ever get tired of THAT game." Ahh, but such is the life of a Civ Fanatic
Octavian X: Don't worry, my sister thinks the same. Thank you for the interview, and good luck in term
Falcon02: Thanks

Chieftess’ interview

Octavian X: Madame President, how long have you held an office in Phoenatica?
Chieftess: I have been the Trade Minister for 2 terms and president for 1, as well as VP in Term 3.
Falcon02: Weren't you a chat rep or something?
Chieftess: No…
Falcon02: Ohh
Chieftess: Not in term 1.
Octavian X: Were you a citizen beforehand in term 1?
Chieftess: Yes. I also had a Citizen Group, known as The Spice Traders Guild.
Octavian X: What did you accomplish during your time in all of offices you've held?
Chieftess: In this term, I have led the nation in wars against the Greeks and Iroquois, and as VP as well. In the Middle Ages, I was playing a turn chat when Justinian was invaded. I was able to stop the Aztec invasion force with the help of everyone at the turn chat.
Octavian X: What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
Chieftess: The Age of Trade. :) Zur and I worked as a team and aggressively traded with every nation that was known to us. This was during Term 2. We were able to rise to the top after the 1st Domino Wars, and our economy enabled us to be the most powerful today.
Octavian X: At the moment, in the presidential race for term five, you're beating donsig, our former president from term three, 21-17. What are your thoughts on the election?
Chieftess: It has been, at times, a very close race, as were the Term 3 elections. The people will choose whatever candidate they feel is the best. It is perhaps, one of the best races since the Term 3 elections.
Octavian X: What do you think of your opponent, donsig?
Chieftess: He has also been a great president. Some of his view may have been controversial (which led to some PIs...), but his leadership was very good in term 3.
Octavian X: If you do lose the race, would you stay on as Vice President?
Chieftess: Yes.
Octavian X: If you win the race, what plans do you have for Phoenatica?
Chieftess: My plans are for a win by culture. We can also win by space ship if we research techs quickly. I will work with the NSD and culture to see that our victory is assured.
Octavian X: In all likeliness, a new game will begin during term five. You might end up naming the capital. What would you name it?
Chieftess: I've thought about that, and I have a few names in mind… I'm thinking of 'Bryn Myr', a variation of the school where my sister went to music camp. I want it to be origanal..
Octavian X: Do you plan on running for an office in the new game?
Chieftess: I will run if a new game is started.
Octavian X: Any closing comments?
Chieftess: I would like to thank all of the citizens, governors and cabinet members who have participated in the game. The game is nearly over, and it's been a lot of fun. I hope this will continue into the next game.
Octavian X: Thank you for your time, and good luck in term five!
Chieftess: Your welcome.

CivGeneral’s interview

Octavian X: How long have you been a citizen here in Phoenatica?
CivGeneral: Let see. Since July 11th.
Octavian X: Have you held any positions in the government?
CivGeneral: I have held a Mayor possition in the city of El Armana in the province of Asphinxia.
Octavian X: What do you think of the election for military leader?
CivGeneral: The first time I have seen that I was nominated, I was surprised.
Octavian X: What do you plan to do for your term in office?
CivGeneral: With Falcon02 already winning for Re-Election? As the Military Deputy, I shall help Falcon02 and the Military department to my fullest.
Octavian X: Falcon02 has stated he will not run for re-election next turn. Will you run again for Military Leader?
CivGeneral: Yes.
Falcon02: What are your feelings about offensive operations?
CivGeneral: What are my feelings about an offensive operation? As long as we keep the enemy at bay.
Falcon02: I was thinking more like situations like the Greeks and Iroquois in recent years. They Declare war, so we take cities to A.) gain objectives or B.) quicken the end of the war.
CivGeneral: A. To gain Objectives.
Falcon02: I take that as a "I believe in pursuing Offensive campaigns."
CivGeneral: As long as I have a strong defense.
Falcon02: Ok. What are your feelings about this saying "A good defense is often a good offense?"
CivGeneral: To me, it is a valuable tactic.
Falcon02: Ok
Octavian X: If you get to name a new city next game, what would you name it?
CivGeneral: If I get to name a new city. Hmm... I would certainly name it after the city I have worked hard on with SC2 and SC3. Knucklelopolis.
Falcon02: Hmm... I think SimCity may become a trend source for City names ;)
Octavian X: Any closing comments?
CivGeneral: I would like to thank Almightyjosh for the mayor position and the other citizens.
Octavian X: Thank you for your time, and good luck in term five!
CivGeneral: Thank you and youre welcome ;)

And now...
The CFC smilie of the week!
This smilie is available here at CFC!
:sheep:

Comments are welcome in this thread.

Great Interviews, Octavian X. Nice choice of participants also. The whole thing had that relaxed, earthy, fireside feel to it. Very well done. Can't wait to read not only more interviews like this, but hopefully more in-depth interviews. Carry on!

Very nice, very in-depth, easy to concentrate on :D.

Good interviews, good writing.

Excellent job Octavian :goodjob:!

Good job Octavian:goodjob: Am I worthy of an interview? Look below to see if I'm qualified.

Top Bottom