Pholkhero Flavor Series: Charlemagne of the Holy Romans

we got rifles for peace from aztec: i didn't notice it.

and if you get this, whip some galleons i think.

oh, and good turns quotey. though i think HE and IW in one city make for a good combo; it's what I normally do ~ 1 turn units are good thing :goodjob: but i like the navy idea, too.

If pawelo is still OoP, then I may well just go ahead and look for more players. i'm already trying to rustle up some for AA02.

oh, and good turns quotey. though i think HE and IW in one city make for a good combo; it's what I normally do ~ 1 turn units are good thing :goodjob: but i like the navy idea, too.

If pawelo is still OoP, then I may well just go ahead and look for more players. i'm already trying to rustle up some for AA02.

lurker's comment:
I usually pair IW and Wall Street or Oxford in the Capital, running Bureaucracy. HE then gets West Point.

I can't honestly say that I'm consistent pairing up my national wonders. I just wait until the mood strikes me.

I played 13, the first troops can reach Viking soil next turn. Not much resistance that we can see so far.

A second set of five transports will be ready to move out of Ulsan next turn. I moved the troops to Ulsan, because it is closer to both Ragnar, and Delhi, where we can make transports in 1-2 turns (It wouldn't let me make galleons, Pholk, sorry. ;)).

In this game, Oxford can be built, but I haven't started it yet. I kept forgetting to look to see which city is the beaker leader.

Here's the final tally on walls and castles:

I also noticed that we haven't been spreading the faith!

After finishing its factory, Augsburg is cued to build Christian Missionaries.

The GM successfully arrived in Carthage, the capital was only 2250, but one of the coastal cities was better:

And I used some of the money on:

Speaking of Assembly Line, I started the Pentagon in Ulm (6 turns remaining). Prior to starting the Pentagon, it spread Mining, Inc. to about 5 or so cities.

Speaking of Mining, Inc. (Just one segue after another, eh?), I managed to acquire Hannibal's two extra irons for a bargain.

I'm not sure why we're eligible, but we are the AP residents in a very close vote:

Techwise, I went Fascism after Assembly Line for the free GG, which I used to build a Military Academy in Aachen. It has two settled generals and a barracks, but the production was a bit light.

Notes to the next player, whose handle will probably start with 'p':

1. I'm working on Physics, figuring to head for Industrialism.
2. There is a caravel with a spy on it heading towards Asoka's island city. We have 10000 useless EPs with him, so we might as well steal a tech (probably liberalism).
3. There are three sea resources near Bangalore that are unimproved. The workboat being built in Teotihuacan needs to head over there when it's finished.
4. A lot of cities are currently building infrastructure (Factories and +:health: buildings mostly). They'll probably need to get back to unit building soon.

Attachments

• PFS01 AD-1883.CivBeyondSwordSave
    452.3 KB · Views: 46
What is our domination area at the moment? Hopefully we won't need too much extra land for the win.

We have two options here as I see it.

We can try to completely defeat Ragnar and hope its enough for domination, and if its not go after Ramesses and Hannibal (we should try and get a GA to bomb if we go down here).

The other option os to aim for a quick vassalisation and then pour the heat on Hannibal, causing Ramesses to break free, vassalise Hannibal and then Ramesses.

If we have plenty of land needed we should go the second option, if its not much the first would be better.

Either way, we probably going around twice again and as this SG seems to move at the pace of a snail on weed, we probably don't need another.

good turns Bindy ~ (btw, your 'women' link is still broken ~ or is that deliberate ;) )

As pawelo is a bit AWOL with his RL issues, I'll take the fight to the other continent. I would like to go ahead and go right for Hannibal. Any cities we take from Ragnar are going to be squeezed by culture from all sides until we vassalize Ragnar; then they'll only be squeezed by Han and Ram.

I won't be playing until tomorrow most likely, so post your thoughts. I'll also check the save in a bit and post any notes, too.

good turns Bindy ~ (btw, your 'women' link is still broken ~ or is that deliberate ;) )

Still broken? Did I miss where somebody mentioned it once? :confused:

Fixed, anyway (but for want of a single double quotation mark go I.)

As pawelo is a bit AWOL with his RL issues, I'll take the fight to the other continent. I would like to go ahead and go right for Hannibal. Any cities we take from Ragnar are going to be squeezed by culture from all sides until we vassalize Ragnar; then they'll only be squeezed by Han and Ram.

I won't be playing until tomorrow most likely, so post your thoughts. I'll also check the save in a bit and post any notes, too.

I think the issue is the vassalization status of the other content. Ragnar is the only one we can go after solo. I do agree that there will be a lot of culture push if we take Ragnar's cities, and then we'll have a massive two front war if we then have to take on the other two silmutaneously.

bah on that solo stuff ~ land in the far west of carthage's lands, head straight for Carthage. I'm not afraid, and neither should you be.

'course, i haven't loaded up the game yet either so . . .

and i mentioned your link probably months ago when you first changed your signature :)

Hey guys!

Looks like everything is rolling well down the track :)
Sorry for being such a lazy player these days - this week I'm on business trip to Kenya. Yes, I must admit, there are worst jobs than mine :rolleyes:
Anyway, count me as away for a few more days/weeks. I'm due to Poland for a short trip on my return from this one, so I can't promise you anything.
You're a very patient team - best I've ever had :thumbsup:
Cheers everyone!

Okay, so I finally played ~ and it was fun

I was originally going to go against my better judgment and try for multiple attacks here.I was going to ferry troops btwn our lands and Kerk for the first round of attacks, but Hannibal has a TON of destroyers. So, in the end, I just whipped and produced 6 more transports to get most of the troops over to the continent. [It was good that I did since once our transports got back into port, they didn’t leave again until the end of my set. But I’m getting ahead of myself . . .]

However, I'm not going to wait for the 2nd stack to move in. I'm going to launch from both ends at once. No better way to confuse the AI. Here’s my battle plan:

We also got “money changer” event in Aachen in 1884 ad, getting our market another +1 gpt. The next turn, Physics came in. I wasn’t sure if we had a tech goal in mind, but to me there’s nothing better than tanks. So, I set our sights on Industrialism, going through Electricity next.

I noticed, too, that we had our EPs weighted for 6 on Ragnar, and 1 on Hannibal, so I changed to make them ALL go to Carthage. A turn later, I could see his cities, and military:

We got a GP ~ I think I will use him for a GAge once the war starts. I also noticed that Hannie has artillery. harder, but still doable.

Also, we got another boost to our military:

In 1890 ad, our Indian spy paid off:

And, in 1891, the Great War began:

PFS01(Holy Rome) declares war on Hannibal(Carthage)
Asoka(India) declares war on Hannibal(Carthage)
Asoka(India) declares war on Ramesses II(Egypt)
PFS01(Holy Rome) declares war on Ramesses II(Egypt)
Montezuma(Aztec) declares war on Ramesses II(Egypt)
Montezuma(Aztec) declares war on Hannibal(Carthage)
Wang Kon(Korea) declares war on Ramesses II(Egypt)
Wang Kon(Korea) declares war on Hannibal(Carthage)

And even better for our martial society:
Golden Age begins

Here’s our two stacks at the beginning of the war:

I used a couple of destroyers to knock down Kerkouane’s defenses briefly before scurrying back to cover our transports. We also had a lone ship of the line in the east slowly taking down the defenses as our small army made its way there.

Next turn, we hit 50 Million people (!!):

Spoiler for BUG bug} [color="Red" :
While attacking, Knight escapes from Holy Roman Infantry (Prob Victory: 1.3%)[/color]
Note: this happened on the IBT, but it was logged at the beginning of mine. Also, is there any way to get a w/d % logged on with that??

At Kerkouane, our canons went in first (both winning), and four more victorious battles later:

Next turn:

Things are going smoothly, though his artillery is a pain. That’s pretty much the extent of retribution: the occasional artillery unit.

Thanks to the GAge, we got another GP. This one I used, too:

Now that I think on it, it probably was weed to build a shrine to a 3% religion, but what can you do? If Fox were here, he’d whip me I think.

Oh, and here’s my one blunder:

But, thanks to stockpiling units nearby for transport:

Back in Carthage, things got better for us:

Triggering a revolution at home:

[nostalgia break: remember when the Senate in earlier civs would revolt if you continued an unpopular war? That was neat. I wish a mod brought this back.]

Industrialism came due in 1899 ad, thanks to the GA. I set our sights onto Flight. Our first tank was done next turn! We also got a GG that turn, which I merged into Ulm ~ now, units there get +15 exp at birth!!

And another great event in 1900:

I built this mainly for the happiness as we’re at about 30% on the culture slider now. WW is starting to become a problem. ironically, just as the war is becoming easier!

Here’s where it stands as the GAge ends, and I finish my set:

The army at Utica is ready to go in next turn. Look for the ones with Accuracy; 5 should have it to take down the walls.

This is what remains of the 2nd army.

I don't think it can keep going, so it should probably hold here. Here is a 3rd army group.

It should head for Thaenae to open up another front there. Hannie is making mostly artillery which can be bothersome with our grennies, but airships take them down nicely; infantry can finish them off. I also think that as transports get filled they can be shipped over here; there’s no more destroyers that I can see that Hannie has.

And when Flight is in, we can take on some airports and ship them right over. I'd love to keep playing as the game is going to get more interesting with all those tanks coming online. We should have the game wrapped up fairly soon; i doubt i'll get this back.

Here’s a battle plan for the future:

It shouldn’t take long really.

pholkhero >> just played
Ozbenno >> UP NOW
Quotey >> on deck
Bindamel

Ad Hoc, pawelo >> OoP

Ahh, looking at this roster, I may get this back. Play longer sets please and thank you, so that I don't.

Attachments

• PFS01 AD-1901.CivBeyondSwordSave
    482.2 KB · Views: 51
Great turns Pholk, i'm finally back with a computer (more memory as well)

we must be getting up towards the dom limits, i'm at work at the moment and can't look at the save but quick calcs on the demo's shown in PH's post put us at over 50% in land area and pop (if my maths are up to it of course:blush:)

if it gets that far just bang me on the end of the roster, i'm going to try and catch up on MLG7 this weekend.

thanks for the patience guys :goodjob:

Comments:

Mining Inc is awesome :D

New Pholkington doesn't have its fish improved? New PHOLKington? No fishing boats? Oh, and Ulsan too. Maybe Wang pillaged them out of spite.

We're at 49.3% of land, so Ad Hoc you were completely wrong :rolleyes:

Jeez if I was playing next my post would be 10 miles long because of all the city stuff. I mean, just because the game is almost over doesn't mean that we can mismanage cities... right? Right, Ozbenno whose first turn will be hours long?

:p

We're at 49.3% of land, so Ad Hoc you were completely wrong

Oops Bad Calculator :lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom