Pie's Ancient Europe

Hello. Can you tell me in which file you can adjust the number of unique units for states?

In Assets/XML/Units/CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml

I limited UNITCLASS_SPECIAL and UNITCLASS_ELITE units.

Dear PIE,

Could you please tell me what file you can adjust to increase the likelihood of a trade road being created when caravans and gold carts are sold in a foreign city? In the last update, I have not been able to get any trade roads to appear.

Thank you!

Ok, I will change the chance in the next update.

It's in: [PAE]/Assets/Python/PAE/PAE_Trade.py in line 204+

current settings are:
if city has bonus: 0%
otherwise: normal 20%, luxury 35%, rarity 50%

I will change to:
if city has bonus: 10%
otherwise: normal 20%, luxury 30%, rarity 40%, strategic 50%

ok?

And it only works if you trade with another player.

Ok, I will change the chance in the next update.

It's in: [PAE]/Assets/Python/PAE/PAE_Trade.py in line 204+

current settings are:
if city has bonus: 0%
otherwise: normal 20%, luxury 35%, rarity 50%

I will change to:
if city has bonus: 10%
otherwise: normal 20%, luxury 30%, rarity 40%, strategic 50%

ok?

And it only works if you trade with another player.
Something may be broken with the trade roads. I tested by increasing the percentages and was not able to get one after 30 or more tries by selling gold and silver in the Gaul capital.

No worries, I have tested it with my new patch and it works fine. Still wait for patch 6.13. It will be available very soon!

in PAE/Assets/XML/Terrain/CIV4TerrainInfos.xml: iDefense
in PAE/Assets/XML/Terrain/CIV4FeatureInfos.xml: iDefense
and hills in PAE/Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml: HILLS_EXTRA_DEFENSE

but the values are adapted to the unit promotions for all the terrains and features! be careful.

I suggest the whole codebase be run through GPT. Here is one example of a function which was improved from o(n^2) to o(n), from PAE_Trade.py:

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 10.30.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 10.30.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 10.31.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 10.36.51 AM.png

hm... strange... as if a function like len() that creates an integer variable for comparison should be more effective than an integer comparison itself?
and a list or set should more effective than a simple integer var?
can't believe that.

Easier to read and understand isby far not a reason why a code's more effective. It's often less effective than.

"having to use a seperate variable": :D Really? As if a list or set is not a separate variable therefor. Funny.

Sorry, but the only thing I don't know what's more effective, is the iteration with for or the while part.

And I don't see the difference between the codes O(n^2) and O(n): He described that the O(n^2) code loops the players and then the cities.

The new codes does the same. There is no difference!

He said, the new code loops the player once, but that's the same with the original code. I can't see, that the players get looped again in the original code?!

Hello!

For an update in the future, might I suggest changing effect of the Saltern to +1 food and +3 commerce, same as a salt mine? Might even bring it down to 2 commerce, since rock salt was always deemed superior.

If the name in English could be changed from Saline to Saltern, that would be nice as well.

OK,
Hello!

For an update in the future, might I suggest changing effect of the Saltern to +1 food and +3 commerce, same as a salt mine? Might even bring it down to 2 commerce, since rock salt was always deemed superior.

If the name in English could be changed from Saline to Saltern, that would be nice as well.

OK, I'll change that. (+1 food and +2 commerce)

And what about the name "Saltworks" ?

For a long time I have been mulling over a way to make cultivating bonuses more interesting. It is a rush to find a resource abroad and figure out a way to get it to my land. But once it is cultivated in my realm, there is no strategical challenge in expanding it. Whenever I build a wagon, it hardly matters whether I load it with barley or pig. This is a pity, I think.

So, what would I like to change?

• Make bonuses more distinct. Through yield, unlocking a building, or something else. For instance (specifics are not completely thought through): Sheep have a low food yield, so at first they are not the most interesting resource to spread. But they do produce wool so a city with sheep can build a weaver (+1 Commerce). A weaver is prerequisite to build a tailor (+1 Commerce, +1 Culture). 5 Tailors unlock the project Fashion Centre (with Aesthetics or whatever) that provides three Fine Woolen Cloth (tradeable happiness bonus) as well as an economic and culture bonus. Aagain: the specifics I am not sure about. I would very much like your help, or maybe German forum members that are still active?
  • Harder choices. All cultivable bonuses count towards the bonus cap.
  • Keep effects local whenever possible and reasonable
There is one major issue: Cow. Domestication of cattle and development of civilization are hardly seperable. That is why, I guess, you chose for all civs (apart from the odd coastal capital) to start with cow. If I want to keep effects local (yes, cow has to be spread to every new city if a player wants to enjoy its benefits) and still assign cow special importance… What should be its effect?

Historically speaking the most accurate effect, I think, is Farm +1 food in city radius. This could be obtained by building an ox market, or maybe the presence of cow in itself is enough. I am aware that tweaking food yield in this major way, has consequences. So before I go any further, I would like to know whether you feel like exploring this whole thing.

Cow: Hm... there is a effect when you settle a resource next to a city: the plot bonus. So the city which works the plot has this bonus. So this is a local effect.
Why I would not prefer to make the resource itself local is: you can't build carts/waggons in other cities and must cultivate the cow to each city. then you can't cultivate other resources....

Sheep: I like your idea about the sheep issue. I already have this plan included:
Local buildings: the furrier (deer, furs), the tannery (sheep, cow, deer), etc.
realm buildings: granary (cereals), curing hut, etc.
And I really think of that: weaver (+1 Commerce) => tailor (+1 Commerce, +1 Culture) => 5 Tailors unlock a project ... but I don't want more ressources. there are sooo many. every ressource must give health or happines otherwise the AI trade it for nothing.
And I already canceled the beer for example...

To keep effects local only works with buildings. And yes, I support that.

All bonus res counts for the cap: hm... this is hard, yes... easier to understand but really hard....

pls feel free to write this to the German forum too.... there you reach more/other players.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Could you maybe drop the link here to the German thread? I am not sure where to find it. I hope It's ok I write in English. I understand 70% of what I read but writing is something different.

Top Bottom