Piffle Communication Thread

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
We have just met Piffle who sent us the following message:
Piffle said:
It seems our we have found each other! How goes everything?

Team Piffle
... to which I replied the usual introductory stuff:
Innovia said:
Greetings Piffle,

We are pleased to have met you finally. I hope we will be able to make some profitable trades for our mutual benefit.

I (Theoden) am the foreign minister of Innovia and you can contact me through the team email or through PM (I'll respond faster to a PM).

Do you have anyone in particular I should speak to or do you speak as a team?

Theoden,
Foreign minister of Innovia

Response from Piffle:
Whomp said:
Hello Theoden,

The Piffles are pleased to meet your acquaintence. We are open to trading opportunities. Do you have any thoughts on how we should accomplish this? Should we consider a coordinated effort based on our current research? How should the other teams be involved?

A good start might be a 20 turn peace treaty? Renewable, of course.
When the time comes Open bordres could be considered as well.

Contact with most anyone on our team is fine but I can always be found here or IM.

Let us know your thoughts.

Whomp of the Piffles.

I feel we should be evasive. We have no need for a tech partnership, tech trades can be considered on a case by case basis. Besides they would already have discussed such a deal with Aloha and Epsilon, probably they just want to see if we'll tell them what we are researching.

Open Borders and a 20 turn peace are both meaningless, but friendly, so why not?

I responded to Piffle with this message:
Hi Whomp,

We'd be more than happy to sign a 20-turn peace treaty as a sign of friendship. And if you should drop by feel free to join the party in one of our cities. :)

Generally, we are open to all proposals, and I don't see why we couldn't sign an open borders agreement. That just means more trade for the both of us. :)

We can't commit to a coordinated tech effort at the moment, though, but we are more than willing to trade techs on a case by case basis. We see that you have construction and philosophy. Are you interested in trading away one of those?

Theoden of Innovia
Basically we've told them nothing, yet showed friendly intentions.

Piffle's response:
Whomp said:
OK let's agree to peace for 20 turns renewable.
Open borders doesn't seem to benefit anyone yet so we can hold off till we see some economic benefit.

On techs let us know what you can offer on our techs.

Yours in peace.
Whomper of the Piffles
I don't know what we should say. Are there any trade deals we could be interested in making with them right now?

I offered Open Boarders to Piffle and want to send something to give them a heads up. Please review this and make any changes so we can hopefully send it before they get the turn.

Greetings Piffles,

The Innovian government would like to formalize the good relations we have enjoyed to date with an open boarder agreement. Free exchange of ambassadors and trade goods will serve to draw us closer together as our two nations grow in wealth and knowledge.

Although distant we are still neighbors,
Innovia

Not fast enough... Piffle sent us this message:
Whomp said:
Hi Theoden,

The Piffles were curious if you'd be interested in discussing some tech and peace deals. We have some techs you'd probably be interested in and you have some we'd be interested in.

Let us know.
Regards,
Whomper of Piffle

We still have a peace deal; it hasn't been 20 turns yet.

If they agree that tech we trade to them can not be re-traded then we can consider some deals.

Monotheism (171) and Feudalism (1001) for Philosophy (1144)

Maybe Music (858) for Paper (858)

Then hopefully Philosophy to Aloha for Drama and Theology.

And open borders! :)

I like those trade suggestions. And it can't hurt asking them...

I offered OB again and really want to send a message before they get the turn this time. We should also send out trade offers before we use our next GP.

Greetings Piffles,

The Innovian government would like to formalize the good relations we have enjoyed to date with an open boarder agreement. The free exchange of ambassadors and trade goods will reflect the good will with which we hope to trade the latest developments of our researchers.

Although distant we are still neighbors,
Innovia

Sent the following:
Hi Whomp of the Piffles,

In addition to the open borders we offer you, we are willing to discuss the possiblities of tech deals. we propose ether or both of the following deals:

-Monotheism (171) and Feudalism (1001) for Philosophy (1144)
-Music (858) for Paper (858)

Regarding the peace deal we'd of course like to extend it. How about a 30 turn extension?

Theoden of Innovia

Sounds good. Posting to subscribe to the thread.

Response from Piffle:
Whomp said:
Hi Theoden,
Sorry for the delay but it seems the beakers on your deal confused some people.

Would this deal work?
Philo/Theo for Feud/Music in a straight up even deal.

What do you think?

Regards,
Whomp of Piffle

Philo and Theo aren't the best techs in the world, are they?
Should we ask Aloha about this btw?

We had a much better deal with Epsilon anyway. This deal is nothing special, I'd rather keep shopping around. I'd also like to force them to accept Open Boarders as part of any tech deal.

Message form Piffle:
Whomp said:
Hi Theoden,

We haven't been able to structure much in the way of any deals. Should we start with open borders?

Whomp of Piffle
I say why not? It can't hurt and we need to keep up relations.

They wouldn't give us OB when we had a guy on their border. Aloha walked right in but Piffle shut us out. Now they are on our border and want in, too late. Beside we are about to ship our army to war and I don't want anybody tipping off Loco.

Ah, I wasn't aware they were on our border right now. In that case, I don't think their offer is a sign of friendship... more like an attempt at one-sided deals.

I sent this polite, but very clear, response to Piffle:
Hi Whomp,

We've discussed your offer of OB. I and my team mates have decided that we must decline your proposal.

The reason is that we didn't get open borders when we were next to your territory, but now that you have a warrior at our borders you want to negotiate OB.

Please don't take this as an offence. In a multiplayer game, I don't think anyone in our position would have accepted your deal. And remember, we're still open to tech deals, resource trades etc. :)

Theoden of Innovia

Top Bottom