1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Piräus and the 2-tile landlock

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by GS_Guderian, Nov 3, 2018.

1. GS_Guderian

GS_Guderian Chieftain

Hi,

as far as I understand it, 2-tile cities close, but not next to water can‘t generate food from ocean tiles (except with bonus fish etc.)

I can handle this, simply by not building inefficiently. AI tends to build tons of cities 1 square short of the ocean. Really annoying if you conquer great towns and really don’t feel like raizing them only to rebuild it next door.

Solutions?

1. Maybe the easy way: Have all towns be able to use a ocean squares within their reach. Maybe connected to a certain size.
    That way the harbor building still has benefits.

2. Introduce a new building like forts and abbeys. Only possible next to a city and near ocean and only one every 3 tiles.
    It could work like a fort allowing units to enter and grant the city harbor food bonus according to it‘s size. It could be manned with something appropriate, fisherman, soldiers or even politians to grow be active.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

The short answer is that the 2 plot catchment area is essentially a hack where development stopped when it appeared to work well. As a result it has multiple glitches like this.
    I opened a ticket for this here.