Pitboss game within the team

Only problem I have is if you gift a city to another person who is about to be eliminated.

well no i dont think that should be allowed but i cant see many people wanting to keep a 1 city civ in the game.

How about we say no gifting of cities if either party is currently at war with someone.

well i dunno, if your at war with someone and definatly going to win is a bit pointless to hold onto a city.

I guess I rather die first than be someone's puppet. There is honor in death.....no honor in being lead around like a dog.

Dont we have rules in the MPDG for gifting cities...that should be our minimum rules to start with.
I say no gifting cities to someone who is at war unless its a peace offering.

I think that gifting cities right before a civ dies, reaks of stupidity. But I also think that vassal states aren't fair play.

But on the other hand, they aren't against the rules. so gift away IMO but know that you'll get a -4 rep hit in my eyes.

Be that as it may be. I never asked to give away cities, I just said that I see no reason to forbid it. I also don't understand the talking about vassal states since I do not see any in this game.

I am quite surprised there is such a fuss about a tactic no one used yet, while it recently seems to have become a sport to demand things from every AI that is declared on, which looks more like an exploit than gifting cities to me.

grs said:
Be that as it may be. I never asked to give away cities, I just said that I see no reason to forbid it. I also don't understand the talking about vassal states since I do not see any in this game.
What is Regentman's country called? :p If he is not a vassal then why does he still stand?
grs said:
I am quite surprised there is such a fuss about a tactic no one used yet, while it recently seems to have become a sport to demand things from every AI that is declared on, which looks more like an exploit than gifting cities to me.
I have no problem with gifting cities however gifting and gifting back the same city should be prohibited.

question..if you gift a city does it recieved defensive units? If so then that is an exploit that 2 allies could use to build a quick force..much like Whomp said.

There is at least 1 vassal state, soon to be 2 if history repeats itself.

grs said:
Ok, I need to play closer atention to the country names, I admit. I still don't get the benefit to either side. If anyone could enlighten me?
The benefit to Davemcw is he doesn't have to pay maintainence for Regentman's city and Regentman can funnel cash/lux/resources over to Davemcw. Regentman? Not sure. As someone has recently stated there's honor in death. Maybe davemcw offered assurance of a co victory? I don't know the details.

The gifting cities thing has become a hot topic atm. Personally i don't see anything wrong with gifting cities as such, if someone wants to trade cities or give a city for gold or whatever thats fine with me because that is in the spirit of the rules, but if your doing it to deny someone capturing a city or to save someone being defeated then that is not right. I think we are all experienced enough in playing the game to know whats right and whats wrong.

As for the whole vassel state thing Regentman and DaveMcW have going that's there buisness, i see nothing wrong with it. Its a very shrewed move by DaveMcW to save some maintenance costs while collecting gold although personally i wouldn't make the agreement myself, i wouldn't see the point of hanging around with one city giving all the production to someone else

vassal states dont bother me, if someone wants to be one fine, not the way id play the game but whatever :)

yer sorry about that, my whole PC locked up completly and i didnt realise for awhile because i thought it was just loading. Ended up having to unplug at the mains.

Top Bottom