Planning attacks

Indiansmoke

Deity
This thread will be used for planning military attacks.

I have attached a screen with what I think should be the Egypt plan.

One thing we need to keep in mind is when do borders pop for second time in horse city.

They are creative so 25 turns to border pop 2...They founded city in turn 27, so turn 52 borders will pop.

That means that we need to be in the forest ready turn 51. That is 6 turns from now.

Can we do it?

I can have there 4-5 immortals turn 51.

Donovan can have about 12 units and icefire about 6-7 impis?

I think we should do it...delaying it to have a better force wil not work as they will have lots of time when borders pop.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• plan.JPG
    plan.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 210
  • plan 2.JPG
    plan 2.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 187
The plan is a bit stretched I must admit...but it is our only chance to hit egypt before border pop.

Egypt is the bigger threat IMO as a stack of war chariots can hit both Mali, Persia or Maya, thus threatening all directions in the north...not to mention possible natives attack.

If Donovan has 6 axes & 6 swords, with 5 immortals and 7 impis...that is 25 units...I don't think they can defend that....

Unfortunately I can only get 4 impis to that square for turn 51 - 3 of the 4 I currently have plus the one coming out this turn; the travel time for all of them is 4-5 turns. Also it would mean moving the one on the border near India, so they may notice the change there, plus the only path I can use for the ones in my cities goes right by Egypt's warrior SW of Memphis on the third turn of travel.

Should I go ahead and start moving these units anyway? I haven't moved units yet for this turn; will do it tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately I can only get 4 impis to that square for turn 51 - 3 of the 4 I currently have plus the one coming out this turn; the travel time for all of them is 4-5 turns. Also it would mean moving the one on the border near India, so they may notice the change there, plus the only path I can use for the ones in my cities goes right by Egypt's warrior SW of Memphis on the third turn of travel.

Should I go ahead and start moving these units anyway? I haven't moved units yet for this turn; will do it tomorrow morning.

That warrior is xp fodder (unless it's a trap, but I don't recall the terrain being great for that), but also a pain for icefire's contribution being noticed. Couldn't a spare immortal be routed down there??

Top Bottom