[GS] Play by mail game broke

mwind

Chieftain
I have been playing a Civ VI Gathering Storm play by cloud game with a friend for quite a while now and today something strange happend:
Of the former 7 players (humans and ai) only two were shown in the staging room screen (see screenshot).
And these two remaining parties show broken configurations (no leaders, ...). When I went back to the screen where all the play by cloud games are listed, the map type of this game also showed a strange behaviour. Instead of the correct 'Fractal' setting, it reads 'Pangaea.lua' (see screenshot).
If I remember correctly, the problem with this save game apeared after the update this week.
Needless to say that this game can not be started anymore, which is quite anoying, since we have been playing it for quite a while now.

Has someone faced the same problem or know how to fix it?

Attachments

• 2019-06-19 19_07_52-Sid Meier's Civilization VI.jpg
    2019-06-19 19_07_52-Sid Meier's Civilization VI.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 2019-06-19 19_12_17-Sid Meier's Civilization VI.jpg
    2019-06-19 19_12_17-Sid Meier's Civilization VI.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 186
Yes, I'm having pretty much the same exact bug in 2 different games.

I have 'Community Quick User Interface' and 'R.E.D. Modpack' installed, that may affect saved games.
In addition 'Better Trade Screen' is installed. But that should not affect a saved game.

Well patch can break mods. Larger patches like the last one will have certainly broken particular modded games. No point in playing modded play-by-cloud while the game is patched, unless you can finish it before the patch arrives or play with steam offline mode.

So I have one mod installed, which is YnAMP. It is currently disabled and was when we started the game. My brother, who I'm playing the game with, doesn't even know what I mean when I ask him if he has mods installed. So it's doubtful he does.

We also have another game that we abandoned, that we started with the same settings, that has not been corrupted.

The turn that seems to have broke the game was a World Congress turn. Don't know if that's relevant.

Our cloud game group had the same thing happen, but it was not related to the patch as it happened before. We put in a support ticket, but couldn't recover the game.
I've started saving the game on each of my turns so if it happens again I can load the previous turn and hopefully prevent losing the game

Top Bottom