Playing 3 civs in 1 game

Strange game starting out as Babylon. Won't go into all the details in that game here as I repeated them in another thread (Babylon UHV) but long story short: Completed the UHV, got the plague almost simulataneosly with the Arabian spawn and my army (and country) was ravaged by plague, flip and Arabic attack.

Babylon itself was sacked and I was exiled to Egypt, which I thought was kinda fun since I this is the first time I have been legitimately exiled (the other time I did so intentionally to try it out)

Egypt however was in bad shape: Barb War Elephants, Camel Archers approaching from the west, Impis from the South, very little army and Egypt was doomed; hardly any way to save it let alone rescue my Babylon.

Here's where it gets strange: The pop up window comes up asking me to take over Spain. I accept. Gladly leaving the mid east mess to the arabs. So now from being exiled to hopeless Egypt, I am now in Western Europe with a fairly strong civ to work with.

I was even considering going for the Spanish UHV which would mean that in just 1 game I:

- Started the game as Babylon
- I completed the Babylonian UHV
- Was conquered by the Arabs (IMO though, by the plague)
- Exiled to Egypt
- Agreed to take over Spain
- And if all goes well, complete the Spanish UHV

Not bad eh? :p

pretty neat yes, but if you already "Win" with one civ, there is no double-win right? If i complete one civ's UHV and win, what happens if i "win again" with another one? is there a final tally to claim points for all 3 wins?

good job! i have never been exiled, ill have to try it sometime.

I've never done this, but I smell a challenge. Who can win (or "win", if the game doesn't acknowledge multiple wins) the most UHVs in a single game?

How is it possible to be exiled? Do you just move your settlers and army to invade another land while abandoning your old one? Does it involve somehow switching to a vassal?

I'm not really sure myself, but I just had it happen as Babylon a little earlier. Turkey exiled me to the Vikings, who I had frosty at best relations with. Naturally, I reloaded and figured out how to win the war, but I would wonder if there are specific prerequisites for the exile event?

You are exiled if you lose your capital to a foreign invading force. In Q-Meister's game, this would have happened when Babylon was invaded by the Arabs. He was exiled to Egypt at this point in time.

Taking over a newly spawning civ is entirely different, and I think can only be done once by the human player per game.

Egypt or Babylon, exile to the Netherlands, rush to the UHV and switch to America;)

Better yet, Portugal is easily doable in 1650 (or later). But how to choose a civ to be exiled to?

I think the AI chooses a civ that is nearby you; the point of exile as I understand is to try to take back your old capital with the civ you have been exiled to.

Portugal is even better indeed since all your colonies will be in the USA (I always build them in America so it won't make a difference).

Of course it's a challenge, you can't choose to which civ you'll exile.
I don't know what role the distance plays: when I was playing Portugal once, I exiled to Russia: the weakest civ and the farthest civ I met until then. Quite annoying because it was the first time I had the feeling I could win the UHV:p

Yeah, you need to use the BTS version for the exile event.

I guess the toughest one to do (if not impossible) would be Britain (change capital to Halifax)-America (settle city near Russia) - Russia.

Well, yesterday I managed to be exiled at last (in fact, I just wanted to kill some time before RAND). I started as Dutch, announced war to Germany immedeately and left my capital naked. They sent me to Vikings, who were quite decent. I retook Amsterdam two turns later. Then, nothing interesting happened during next three turns. Somehow I thought I should become Dutch again after returning my homeland? Or at least get some reward?
You can't be exiled if nobody exiles you!!
I meant, if my conqueror knows no civ except mine, I can't be sent anywhere? Seems it was so in my first Ethiopean game, where natives took all my cities very early.

Top Bottom