Please remind me about playing each civ in Civ IV. IV individual civs

stwils

Emperor
I have not played CivIV in a while. Right now I am playing CivRev on my iPad. Each civ in CivRev has special attributes , making some stronger in some ways and each requiring a different approach to playing them.

Civ IV does not have all that difference in the way you play each civ, does it?

That is what makes CivRev so interesting and fun to play. Will Civ V carry forth with big differences in the way you play each civ?

Stwils

Civ IV does not have all that difference in the way you play each civ, does it?

Stwils

In Beyond the Sword, each civilization in Civ IV has a unique unit and a unique building. In addition each leader has two of a set of eight different traits, so yes, there is a benefit to playing the civilizations/leaders differently. In fact the War Academy has an entire section on "Civilization-Specific Strategies".

There are Unique Units, Buildings and each leader has its own unique trait set, these things can make quite a big difference in how you play. A lot more difference is introduced by the terrain and a players own playstyle.
But a lot of the fun in civ 4 is that there are many viable paths to victory, just because your playing as Gandhi doesn't mean you can't kill everyone :lol:

Yes,of course. The unique units and buildings. But are the civs in Civ IV as different from each other as they are in CivRev? And do you think this big difference will be incorporated in Civ V?

Stwils

Yes,of course. The unique units and buildings. But are the civs in Civ IV as different from each other as they are in CivRev? And do you think this big difference will be incorporated in Civ V?

Stwils

If you are looking for a game where there are huge differences between civilizations, give Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire a shot (its old but one of the better games ever made). The 14 different factions all play extremely differently and are very specialized, such that there is really 1 best way to play most of them. I like this style of game as well, but Civ 4 really allows more adaptation and skill then SMAC upon getting used to the game.

Top Bottom