• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Polish Cavalry: Need some help

I'm not sure if your animation program can do this, but this is the way I do those pennants flying in my ships.

Instead of one triangle, I make the banner from several small triangles (almost like a very simple 2-dimensional mesh).
Then I just animate the vertexes of those triangles in sinusoidal (is that a word) pattern.

If the banner is attached to the pole from the red vertexes, then
- blue vertexes are animated sin (x),
- green vertexes are animated sin (30+x),
- yellow vertexes are animated sin (60+x),
- magenta vertexes are animated sin (90+x),
- cyan vertex is animated sin (120+x),

where the numbers are in degrees, and the x is a full cycle (360 degrees) animation (i.e., from first to the last frame x goes from 0 to 360), and

where the word animation means movement from side to side (and a bit up and down) :)

Also it's a good thing to raise the amplitude of the animation, when you get further and further from the fixing vertexes (which are the red ones in this diagram).

[edit]: I added also a simple preview of a banner animated that way. the triangles are of different colour to help in distinguishing them.

Attachments

• banner1.gif
    banner1.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 53
That's an interesting way of getting around my problem Aaglo. But I've already done the run and charge animation.

Top Bottom