POLL: What is the first Civ you will play as? and so forth...

What will be your first Civ?

• America - Teddy

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Arabia - Saladin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Aztecs - Montezuma

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Brazil - Pedro II

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • China- Qin Shi Huang

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Egypt - Cleopatra

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • England - Victoria

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • France - Catherine

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Germany - Frederick

• Greece - Perikles or Gorgo

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • India - Gandhi

• Japan - Hojo

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Kongo - Mvemba a Nzinga

• Norway - Harald

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Rome - Trajan

Votes: 29 16.8%
  • Russia - Peter the Great

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Scythia - Tomyris

• Spain - Philip II

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Sumer - Gilgamesh

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Random

Votes: 17 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Random added as an option at the end.
As to who I'd pick first: Rome.

Random civ. Prince. Continents. Slowest speed.
Keep in mind that most of early games will not be finished because of patches that are inevitable and must be installed.

I'll play as Saladin. I think they UU is kinda strong and ill try the scientific victory.

What's the widest civ? Rome? Okay, Rome it is.
Speed: Epic.
Difficulty: Prince.

Really a tough call and I'll probably go thru all the civs/leaders/abilities yet again before decding. Even then, I'll likely restart repeatedly as I learn things (that I'm sure to learn even though I've watched way too much video on this game already).

Most likely Greece or Rome at this point.

Honestly, every civ is looking really great. So for the first time in my Civ history, maybe random.

Sigh. Yea, this is looking more and more likely for me too. Gosh darn, hard to decide. Possibly random with a reset if I get one of the few I don't want to play first? Like US, Aztecs, or Brazil. But Kongo, France, Germany, Russia, England I - think - are the ones I'd like to try first. And Spain.

Some of them look really fun to have as friends or opponents in the game too. So I might avoid them just so I can play with them, like Summeria or Greece.

Currently I'm in the mood to try out a purely diplomatic game, so France looks really fun... but by Friday maybe I want to take over the world (again), so I may pick Russia or Germany.

Gah. Heck if I know. Leave me alone.

Rome will be my first. Followed by China. And then America. The rest I will determine as I play.

I believe I voted in the other thread, just want to reiterate my vote for America. America Civs get a lot of hate because they aren't a "classic" civilization. But you can't deny in Civ terms America has pretty much won a cultural victory and a Science (Space) victory. I'm not the most patriotic person, but I will always play as my country first. I didn't play more than one game as America in Civ5, the traits were unappealing for the most part. The traits look better this game.

I have decided on the Earth map, I haven't seen any Let's Plays use the Earth map, and I want to check it out. I'd imagine it will be very generalized due to the unstacking of cities, islands such as Japan and England probably won't exist.

Speed: either normal or epic.

size: standard.

Rome, because it's a tradition now as I started Civ 1 through 5 with them. :)

I just watched all the First Look Videos again and I believe I will go with China just because I love Wonders and I think I can benefit greatly having the builder extra charge and attempt a science victory. Next, I will probably go with Greece, but I don't know who yet. Most likely Gorgo. Although, I have seen the mechanics as they have been shown in videos, I haven´t really spent a lot of time analyzing everything, so I certainly want to spend experiencing them on my own at an easier level so that I can get a good grasp on things and then increase difficulty and other types of victories. I cannot wait! 12 hours and 14 min to go for me.

Although this poll got restarted by the mods during transitions Rome seems to be THE Debut Civ! It was leading before, too. I'll go random... ;)

Probably Russia, start religious, try domination with Cossacks otherwise a religious or cultural victory.

Top Bottom