Polynesia? Seriously!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd probably raze every canadian city i possibly could if canada were in the game

You can raze their cities but you can't raise capitals. ;)

Considering the game has every reasons to make us at least smile on weird "elements" found even within Vanilla defaults, i'd say it's not the definition of Civ that matters but how we generally perceive the reasonings behind Designers' choices.
Show me a (somehow) Peaceful Nation and i'll give you a 1upT War, instantly!
;)
Trying to mimic reality can lead to -i dunno- some controversial fidgets of imagination.

But... Canada would still crush Zeroes right out_of_the_sky with the Delta winged Arrows or Challengers while muscling & flexing a robotic Arm in Space. And shooting some pucks at Mecha-Warrior-GDRs. :D :lol:

I have played Polynesia and enjoy them. I am happy to have a civ that I have never played in any version of Civilization. :)

You could represent Canada with a city-state or something like that. Australia too.

I'd try to be diplomatic with Canada. But then I wouldn't be able to understand what they are saying so declare war anyway :p

Really... Canada? Again, they're not a Civilization and the idea of adding them is laughable. I'd buy them as DLC, but then again I'd buy Equatorial Guinea as DLC...

I mean really, I think we could find ~50 Civs that should be in before Canada!

Now, simply to avoid anyone coming on and asking what are they I might just make up a list in no particular order:

1. Carthage
2. Korea
3. Byzantium
4. Gaul
5. Abyssinia
6. Zulu
7. Hittites
8. Sumeria
9. Holy Roman Empire
10. Mali
11. Maya
12. Vikings
13. Portugal
14. Netherlands
15. Franks
16. Italy
17. Khmer
18. Inuit
19. Hapsburg
20. Sioux
21. Denmark
22. Assyria
23. Phoenicia
24. Israel
25. Manoans
26. Huns
27. Yugoslavia
28. Poland-Lithuania
29. Vandals
30. Samaritans
31. Scotland
32. Celts
33. Mexico
34. Brazil
35. Argentina
36. Tibet
37. Olmec
38. Indus
39. Anasazi
40. Wales
41. Nazca
42. Zapotec
43. Macedonia
44. Brunei
45. Denmark

There would be a decent argument for anyone of these ahead of Canada and they are more that you could argue... But... Yeah...

Again, no particular order, just what I thought of when I thought of it.

Now, simply to avoid anyone coming on and asking what are they I might just make up a list in no particular order:

1. Carthage
2. Korea
3. Byzantium
4. Gaul
5. Abyssinia
6. Zulu
7. Hittites
8. Sumeria
9. Holy Roman Empire
10. Mali
11. Maya
12. Vikings
13. Portugal
14. Netherlands
15. Franks
16. Italy
17. Khmer
18. Inuit
19. Hapsburg
20. Sioux
21. Denmark
22. Assyria
23. Phoenicia
24. Israel
25. Manoans
26. Huns
27. Yugoslavia
28. Poland-Lithuania
29. Vandals
30. Samaritans
31. Scotland
32. Celts
33. Mexico
34. Brazil
35. Argentina
36. Tibet
37. Olmec
38. Indus
39. Anasazi
40. Wales
41. Nazca
42. Zapotec
43. Macedonia
44. Brunei
45. Denmark

There would be a decent argument for anyone of these ahead of Canada and they are more that you could argue... But... Yeah...

Again, no particular order, just what I thought of when I thought of it.

Denmark x2 eh? ;)

Go tell that much to the entire population of Japan this morning while they righfully expect the usual Humanitarian Efforts Canada provided & still provides worldwide.
We have troops in constant stanby for such events.
Katrina Hurricane got some, Indian Ocean Tsunami even more.

WE (TOO) the people are always ready.

Go ahead, Canada bashing is in fashion and it gets you noticed on the www.
The reality is different than a short list of direct insults such as what you just spilled on everyone as sulfuric acid.

I know it's de rigueur around here to do so but can we cut out the Canadian bashing please.

Canada is relatively late to the game in Civ terms but their accomplishments are quite notable in my opinion.

Nobel peace prize winners and scientists such as Banting have greatly contributed to the world.

Peacekeeping in the post war period was pioneered by Canadians.

The Avro Arrow was an aircraft truly ahead of its time.

I don't expect Canada to be in Civ but there is absolutely no reason to belittle or insult my native country.

Sid Meir is Canadian BTW. Maybe he can pull a few strings. ;)

The biggest argument against Canada as a civ is that they aren't playing to win.

Quebec would make a nice CS.

I know it's de rigueur around here to do so but can we cut out the Canadian bashing please.

Canada is relatively late to the game in Civ terms but their accomplishments are quite notable in my opinion.

Nobel peace prize winners and scientists such as Banting have greatly contributed to the world.

Peacekeeping in the post war period was pioneered by Canadians.

I don't expect Canada to be in Civ but there is absolutely no reason to belittle or insult my native country.

Sid Meir is Canadian BTW. Maybe he can pull a few strings. ;)

Personally, I don't bash Canada, its a nice country. I do bash suggestions that Canada has some significant culture that is completely unique from American culture.

Thank'a'yo soooo much for your support.

When i remember the Concorde supersonic, i always refer to the Delta configuration pioneered by the Arrows (6 only ever built!)... but, most people don't seem to realize the F14D Tomcat variable wings & even the B2 borrowed straight from that specific design.

I'd agree that the bashing fest must stop... but ya know how it goes in the www;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom