pop rush?

2Cb

Chieftain
Hi,

I find this term used everywhere. "Pop rush".
What is it and how do you do it?
I haven't found any decent explanation for that because everybody probably knows :D

Anyone care to explain?

Thx a lot!

It's when you're running the slavery civic and your rush the production of a building or unit, consuming a certain number of population points.

And how do u do that? The "consuming" part? It's not really clear to me.

2Cb said:
And how do u do that? The "consuming" part? It's not really clear to me.
In the lower right corner of the city screen. There is a button to rush: pop (with slavery) and cash (with Univerasl Suf). Slavery is the most powerfull, IMO.

.... and welcome... :band: :ar15:

Yes... the thing that always says it would cost the lives of too many citizens?
Hurry Production?

Just to chime in after eric and GABB ... the following menu is along the bottom of the 'city view' screen;

You 'exchange' population for hammers. It will lead to several turns of some unhappiness in the city (depends on game speed), but because your population is smaller, this can be offset by lessening the "It's too crowded" complaint.

Rushing happiness-producing buildings, or while under Hereditary Rule; military units, are other techniques to offset the unhappiness of whipping / pop rushing while still keeping the city's population relatively content.

Zombie69 has some thoughts on how to maximise the value of pop-rushing in his thread; Micromanagement is alive and well in Civ 4! as per the "Whip 'til your hands bleed" section.

Regarding "Yes... the thing that always says it would cost the lives of too many citizens?" - your population in that particular city is too small for the amount of hammers required. This is not a typical issue for larger cities with smaller production builds (few hammers required). For instance, rushing a barely-completed Wonder requires a lot of population, whereas rushing 'say' a Scout or a Missionary will require few population points.

pop-rushing theatres in newly captured cities and using culture slider to control war weariness ^^

vampy420 said:
pop-rushing theatres in newly captured cities and using culture slider to control war weariness ^^

Pop-rushing Courthouses, Granaries and Theaters to put those rebels in their place. Talk about an occupation.

Works well given that most cities suffer massive starvation due to unhappy citizens and pressing cultural borders.

Top Bottom